Whom among us is Catholic?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Not "I was raised Catholic but haven't been in years" type catholic. I have questions for people who truly ARE involved with the church and incorporate it's teachings into their daily life. We can take this to pm's soon because I have no desire to deal with the muppets who surely will attack this thread due to the mere mention of religion.

Thanks,
TBGT

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I am.

Although following the teachings and useing it in every day life is not something most who are "Practicing Catholics" are good at. Myself included.

I do try and am involved in the church as a music ministry leader.

Personally I don't want to go to PMs for this as I get too many as it is.

Ask away, I will keep it on topic.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I'm also catholic. I'm a true believer, but my church attendance could be better.

We started playing contemporary Christian music once a month a few months ago. Since then attendance has picked up on those Sundays for sure.
Very much so with the younger ones.
That was my task, to get young people back in to church.

I must admit though, It was a little strange doing a guitar lead in church the first time. lol

I work shift work so I'm only able to make 2-3 out of 4 weekends a month.

MachsFastr

Established Member
I is, but I do not speak of religion with anyone. Its always a pointless argument.
I ain't been in a while either..........

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
I am.

Although following the teachings and useing it in every day life is not something most who are "Practicing Catholics" are good at. Myself included.

I do try and am involved in the church as a music ministry leader.

Personally I don't want to go to PMs for this as I get too many as it is.

Ask away, I will keep it on topic.

PM sent.

Last edited:

LaFlavor

Established Member
i was told i have to convert for the wedding... not sure how true that is

From what I've seen not very.

One of my best friends and my brother both married women from catholic families (note: the women they married are not practicing). In order to please the mothers in both cases the ceremonies were held in catholic churches. All it meant was that the churches didn't do the full mass. I think my brother had to tell the church that he would raise any children as catholics as well. Somehow, if they ever do have children, I don't think that'll happen.

GodStang

Established Member

Not true at all. I am Catholic and my wife is not baptized in anything. My sister is Catholic and her husband is not and my other sisters ex was not catholic and she was. The only difference is during a Dual Catholic wedding they have a full mass plus the marriage and during a single Catholic wedding they only have the marriage. They would like you to convert but not a must. My daughter is being baptized catholic next month.

Last edited:

Loco03SVT

Established Member
I am also catholic but need to get back to going to church more. My fiance is not catholic but we are planning to get married in the catholic church. It's always been my understanding that technically the catholic church only "recognizes/acknowledges" the marriage if both individuals are catholic, correct? Can anyone shed some additional light on the subject?

GodStang

Established Member
I am also catholic but need to get back to going to church more. My fiance is not catholic but we are planning to get married in the catholic church. It's always been my understanding that technically the catholic church only "recognizes/acknowledges" the marriage if both individuals are catholic, correct? Can anyone shed some additional light on the subject?

Depends who you ask. Our priest does EVERYTHING by the book. He is an ex-law professor. Some places say both have to be at least baptized. I am catholic and my wife was never baptized. We had no problems getting married and all our stuff is on file at our church. Our Daughter is being baptized Catholic next month and our son had a Catholic Funeral. So I am pretty sure our Church recognizes/acknowledges our marriage.

Now I know some of the older generations want a catholic to marry another catholic but that's just like any thing else.

Last edited:

99cobra302

Established Member
i am a catholic, but i havent been to church in years....probably at least 6-7 years was the last time i went, not counting weddings. i dont have any intention of making an effort to go back. church is boring to me and i would rather sleep in on a sunday morning.

do i believe in god and heaven and hell? sure, everyone needs believe in something. but there are things that are more important than worrying about being dammed for not going to church every sunday.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member

It depends on what Archdioceses you belong to, here in St. Louis you MUST both be Catholics for any St. Louis Catholic church to perform a wedding. I was raised as a catholic, non practicing currently but im sure eventually down the road it might kick in again.

Show me in the Bible where it says you need to become a Catholic to marry a Catholic and I'll show you scripture where it states clearly a believer and nonbeliever can marry. Jesus Christ is the head of the Church and Christianity. Not an institution in Italy. If its not written in the Bible, its a doctrine of man. Btw, I grew up raised with Catholic teachings, went to catholic school, CCD, the whole shabang. But I'm a non-denominational Christian that believes the Christian faith is defined by what God states in the Bible.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Show me in the Bible where it says you need to become a Catholic to marry a Catholic and I'll show you scripture where it states clearly a believer and nonbeliever can marry. Jesus Christ is the head of the Church and Christianity. Not an institution in Italy. If its not written in the Bible, its a doctrine of man. Btw, I grew up raised with Catholic teachings, went to catholic school, CCD, the whole shabang. But I'm a non-denominational Christian that believes the Christian faith is defined by what God states in the Bible.

Not Catholic at all. But wasn't it the canons of this very church that you seem to abhor that selected and assembled your very bible? That should give them at least some advantage in claiming a holy representation.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/carthage.html

Last edited by a moderator:

70Maverick

Established Member
Never was catholic but my mom got a job as a teacher at a catholic school when I was a kid so we ended up getting pulled out of public school and going.......for a while.
My catholic science teacher was telling our 6th grade class that lightning was caused by clouds bumping into each other, causing friction and thus sparks. (lightning) :dw: She had 2 rocks as demonstrations to prove her point. She would strike them against each other creating sparks. :bored: I was in 6th grade and knew she was a moron so I went home and told my parents about it. We were put back in public school shortly after for some reason? :shrug:

True Story

Users who are viewing this thread