Who would you have tune your Ecoboosts?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I got my Explorer sport tuned by Jon Lund and am pleased with the results.

I have a Innovative tune on my 6.4 PSD and love that too.

Never had a Livernois tune on any vehicles.

Established Member
Do you have anything done to your Explorer Sport. Or just the tune Waiting on my 14 Thanks

CAMMD97GT

Build in Progress
Established Member
Livernois does good work, but damn do you pay for it. They wanted 800 bucks (plus the cost of a SCT chip) to tune my 97 GT. They told me they only do mail order tunes for Diablosport, and I could do that, but they'd be unable to dyno tune my car ( I live right down the road)..so I ended up going to Lidio @ Alternative Auto, and he got me a SCT chip, and a dyno tune for the cost of a mail order tune from Livernois.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just to clear this up. We do NOT do mail order tunes for Mustangs. (far too many combos out there with not our spec parts) Unless its a new coyote with a carbon copy set up of what we offer in one of our packages. If you buy parts and have installation work done by us as well as the tuning. The tune is almost free! If you buy your own parts do your own work and want us to pick up the pieces on the tune your going to have to pay to have it all sorted out. We do NOT do good/close enough tunes here. I can not recall any self/customer/repair facility modded mustang that has come in the shop for just a tune, leave only requiring just a tune to run properly in as long as I can remember.(and no we are not talking cold air kit cat back cars here) We are a large facility with modern equipment and some of the best people in the business at what we do.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Livernois fo sho........

Wow, so you and I may actually agree on something. Both of my EB vehicles are tuned by LMS.

Op
The Taurus is a non PP and is tune/cai only. Best pass is 13.12 @ 107.8.
The Explorer is tune/cai only and has run a best of 13.69 @ 102. It has been debated that the CAI's may actually be a negative to a K&N in the stock airbox as it appears that IAT's rise with the open filters. Also neither of my runs were in mindshaft air. Both were run in mid 60's low 70's. I know both vehicles will knock .2ths off in great air.

Next choice would be Torrie at Unleashed. He is very helpful and takes care of his clients. I wanted to try his tune in the Explorer, as it was cheaper, but SCT hasn't broken the code for the Explorers. I may purchase his tune for the SHO and run them back to back.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I've heard that's some tuners have issues with surging and occasional stalling has anyone else heard this waiting for 2014 explorer sport looking for a tune

Livernois tuned 13.69 @ 102.xx in less than stellar weather. Tune only. In great weather I pretty confident based on my experience with FI cars in my climate it'll go 13.4 @ 103-104 with just a tune. It has a CAI but there really is no benefit and many say it's a detriment.

check out Ecoboost Performance Forum. lots of good information.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Livernois tuned 13.69 @ 102.xx in less than stellar weather. Tune only. In great weather I pretty confident based on my experience with FI cars in my climate it'll go 13.4 @ 103-104 with just a tune. It has a CAI but there really is no benefit and many say it's a detriment.

check out Ecoboost Performance Forum. lots of good information.

Pics of Explorer? I am intrigued!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Pics of Explorer? I am intrigued!

GEDC0008.JPG

stock pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqpNs0faOrc

tuned pass, 13.69 @ 102. I gave that Vette all he could handle for about 30ft.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngTwkk-0sls

Will be adding down pipes and catback soon. Looking to get into the 12's.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
What are the typical gains from adding the CAI/Filter after being tuned?

What are the typical gains from adding the downpipes after being tuned?

What brand thermostat are you guys using? All 170 degrees?

What plugs at what gap?

I'm on a Lund tune on my 14 Explorer sport and love it. Could always use more though. lol

Last edited:

raustin0017

Established Member
Well i just picked up a 2013 F-150 ecoboost to go along with our 2010 SHO. So now i have 2 vehicles that are in desperate need of tuning. The question is who and why? We all know Livernois, IMO priced a little high. There is Unleashed tuning which is cheaper. i am sure there are others so i want to know your opinions.

I have a 2012 Platinum Ecoboost and after all the research...I selected Bully Dog Tuner. Good customer service and tuner is easy to use. Wife even noticed a difference in the performance of the truck. When I plan long road trips...I load the economy tune for better mileage. Around town...I keep the performance tune loaded.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
"What are the typical gains from adding the CAI/Filter?

What are the typical gains from adding the downpipes?

I'm on a Lund tune on my 14 Explorer sport and love it. Could always use more though. lol"

unfortunately we can not tell you what kind of gains you will see in conjunction with a competitors product.

Take a look at our shop Explorer sport
Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport Race Tune - YouTube
Livernois Motorsports 12 sec Explorer Cat Back Exhaust & Down-pipe - YouTube
Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread