Management

Established Member
Video of Stalled a4 LS1 vs Whipple Lightning

These are the runners.

01 Lightning
Built Shortblock, Stock Heads, Whipple 2.3@17psi,-- 470rwhp/568rwtq

VS

99 Camaro z28 ls1
Longtubes, o/r y, cutout, lid, power programmer, built auto with 3500 stall converter.
Never dyno'd

Who would come out on top?
:beer:

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Not trying to be a dick....................THESE "WHAT IF" AND "GUESS" THREADS ARE REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!

Cmon guys enough is enough. Everytime I log on there is like 3 new threads just like this. Get out there and race!

Management

Established Member
I'd have to say the GTI.

GTI race car

Not trying to be a dick....................THESE "WHAT IF" AND "GUESS" THREADS ARE REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!

Cmon guys enough is enough. Everytime I log on there is like 3 new threads just like this. Get out there and race!

There is actually a vid of the run. Just wanted to hear what you guys would think 1st.

Last edited:

res0n0xg

Established Member
in the 1/4 mile it'd be close a stalled auto z28 (no cam though) could easily dip into low 12's at probably 112mph with a set of tires. i don't see your lighting ET'ing much faster than that, although you could trap around him.

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
in the 1/4 i would assume the lighting would win by a narrow margin, i could see the camaro fetchin' him down the further they go...

KduncSS

Established Member
Cant watch the video cuz of my work computer but Im guessing the Camaro won by the comments. I would have expected the L to take it even if by a little bit. This makes me want to get my damn LS6 intake/TB, retune and 3.73's and go racing :)

DrZacharyus

Banned

The good thing about the internet and forums is you have a choice, a choice to not read and not post in a thread that you do not like. So if you don't like these threads, than just simply ignore them. :lol1:

KduncSS

Established Member
The good thing about the internet and forums is you have a choice, a choice to not read and not post in a thread that you do not like. So if you don't like these threads, than just simply ignore them. :lol1:

Wow, how insightful of you:bored:

On other forums threads like this would be closed almost immediately. Obviously SVTP has no such rule that doesnt allow these types of threads but they are still annoying as hell, but the good thing about a forum is I can voice my opinion:cuss:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
A lightning with those mods should not have a problem... like I have said before there is seriously something wrong with the tune/setup of the truck. What are the mods of the Lightning? Injectors and fuel pumps upgraded? what exhaust system? If he doesn't have longtubes thats a big mistake. let me know

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Wow, how insightful of you:bored:

On other forums threads like this would be closed almost immediately. Obviously SVTP has no such rule that doesnt allow these types of threads but they are still annoying as hell, but the good thing about a forum is I can voice my opinion:cuss:

Instead of bitching about them, JUST IGNORE THEM!:nonono:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
there is only one way to find out

and that is to race, not ask "what if" on a SVT forum or anyother forum for that matter

Users who are viewing this thread