Who Would Win 2

• Alien

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Predator

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Aaron_01

Banned
In the spirit of the upcomming movie Alien VS Predator, I have to ask the question. Who do you think would win?

Link to the movie info

Alien:
alien_poster.jpg

Predator:
predator_poster.jpg

Aaron_01

Banned
I think Predator would win. And heres why:

In Predator 2, at the end when Danny Glover's charecter is on the Predator's ship he is looking at Predator's trophies. If you notice there is a skull of an "Alien" among the many human and other creatures skulls.

darkcrayz

Established Member
if you go by the comic book then I believe 1 predator could take out a whole colony of aliens, so if they go along that guideline then predator should win. but i dont know what the director/producers are planning, we will wait and see.

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by LBguy
i voted predator, he has something alien doesnt have . . . guns ;-)

So did the humans in the first and second ones, and it took them forever to kill the Alien

Aaron_01

Banned
"Set in the early 21st century on Earth, Charles Weyland, an industrialist billionaire, leads an archaeological expedition in Antartica. Using thermal imaging satellites, Weyland believes to have discovered the ruins of an ancient pyramid temple that predates the Egyptian and Aztec pyramids buried under the ice. Once inside, the team finds the remains of humans with holes in the rib cage and the remains of facehuggers, meaning that the possibility of the temple being uninhabited is very unlikely. To make matters worse, five teenage Predators are coming to the temple to perform a coming-of-age ritual that involves fighting to the death with the aliens. Soon, it becomes clear that only one species is getting out alive."

So.....a hive of Aliens VS 5 Predators! That should make for some good watching!!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Holly Molly!!! Looks like an Eddy movie to me! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sinse it is early Sunday morning, and I've nothing else to do, I will consider your question and give you my thoughts:

The answer to that question lies in what type of contest in which we speak. I think it is the equivelent of humans and tigers in the jungle, with the predators being the humans and the ailens being the tiger. The tiger and alien has superior strength, stealth, and speed, while the the human and predator has intelligence, technology, and weapons.

In a hand-to-hand combat, I believe the Alien wins hands down. Though the predator is physically superior to humans, I believe it is still a physically inferior combat structure to that of the aliens.... Just like a tiger compared to a human. I don't care what human you pick, in a tiger vs. man fight with nothing but hands... Tiger everytime.

However, if you are talking about a group of aliens vs. a group of predators where the predators have their weapons and technologies at their disposal, then that is another matter altogether. Here on earth it is obvious which species has dominated by the use of such implements. If we are talking an all out species vs. species war to the end, the predator would win.

The ailen has limited stealth and is a parasitic species only capable of reproducing by use of a live victim. To win, an alein must capture at least one victim for every alien lost from their numbers, else their numbers will dwindle. In a species vs. species battle, simple long term attrition is all that is required to guarantee a victory.

Although Aleins have demonstrated intelligence, that does not seem to include the ability to do more than operate an elevator and communicate at some low tactical and/or strategic level. (Equivelent in ability to a pack of Neanderthals.) I cannot imagine aliens developing their own interstellar flight technology. I cannot imagine them operating someone elses technology. Even if they could, without the ability to maintain the technology and fleet, they would lose the ability to bring the fight to you. When that happens, you can stand back and pick them off.

I see no reason to believe that a perdator would have much difficulty killing an ailen at quite some distance with the weapons he obvious has the ability to use. The predators obviously is a species far more technologicly advanced than our own. This is evidenced simply by the fact that they can travel here at will. I believe that a

BUT NOTHINGS BLACK AND WHITE!!! THERE IS ALWAYS THAT GRAY AREA!!!

If the Aliens had vastly superior numbers.... or if the Predators have a limited techno level imposed to make things more even and 'game'..... I think you get the point. An interesting contest could follow.

Just one question. What language will this movie be made in?

LOL

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
Esqeddy it's Sunday morning for Pete's sake! Awesome break down though.

Predator - everytime

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If they were fighting over a green woman and shirts were optional, Capt Kirk would kick both of their asses right after the Preditor kills Ensign Ricky (you know the one in the red shirt).

cobravert03

Why? Because it's funny.
Ed, quite a comprehensive evaluation; I'm impressed with your sci-fi savvy. I have to agree with all points. :thumbsup:

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by esqeddy

Just one question. What language will this movie be made in?

Obviously English

Well I will give you the majortiy of my thoughts:

People try to make the argument "Predator has his weaponry", well what does the Xenomorph (Alien) have? Tick armor plated skin, razor sharp teeth and superior quickness. The quickness alone could easily escape a predators weaponry. They also have acid blood and that tail
Second thing to remember, these are teenage Predators. They will lack the hunting experience that we saw with the Predators in P1 and P2. Just as a human teenager they will make mistakes, and plenty of them.
The Predators are already plenty outnumbered by the Xenomorphs. There is a hive (Thousands) of Xenos, and only 5 Predators. There will be a group of humans there with the Predators and Xenos, this would let the Xenos have something to reproduce with. Also remember that this is a hive and the queen Xenomorph may be around
The predators do have something that could quickly annihilate the entire hive of Xenomorphs, the self destruction mechanism on his arm. But I doubt the predators would use that unless they are very injured or in a situation where there is no escape.
What purpose do the humans serve? Someone to speak english in, although the predator has mimicking skills and in P1 learned to speak more english than most fast food employees. Also, the humans will give us something to relate with, as well as be there for the Xenomorphs to "use"
I think the Predators may come into the fight with full weaponry but may lose some in close in battles. Remember, in P1 Arnie took out the Predator's shoulder cannon, a Xenomorph tail could do the very same. The predators may be left with their spears alone and the fight may be on a more equal technological level.

simpman

game artist
Established Member
One on One the Predator wins as long as he can attack from a distance so as the alien's acid blood doesn't splatter on him.
The thing is, Aliens live in hives and don't fight one on one. Aliens hugely outnumber the predator. Just by that alone, Aliens should win the overall war.

I hope they don't screw up this movie. I mean already they have deviated from the original story from the comic that was so good.
And word is the effect makeup on the predators isn't going well. Can you believe that Stan Winston isn't working on this but the guys who did the crappy makeup on Alien 3 and Ressurection are. O and the Director's track record aint to hot.

Users who are viewing this thread