who will win 04 mach or 2010 ss

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
We have just ran the same people and had pretty similar results, thats all.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
We have just ran the same people and had pretty similar results, thats all.

wait wait wait...this is getting even better! Ok so you have ran the same people as CLN 6R and you say...

The best I have ran was a 13.5 @106.

Yet he says...

Well, the mph of the car, with better than a 2.0 60", is good for a mid 12. I ran dead nuts even with a 2002 Supercharged Roush, that ran a 12.48 @ 110, with a 1.78 60". So.... but most G8's don't hit better than a 1.9x-2.1 60" with stock tires, and that kills their times.

:lol: So what is it? Are these mid 13 second cars or mid 11 second cars? :lol1:

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
What does that prove? I know how much I beat him by. The guy I raced is a good friend of mine, he is a good driver, he can vouch for how much I beat him by.

.... It's kind of hard to **** up driving from a roll.... If it was a dig, I could see that being an excuse.

I know, it's hard to believe my car beat a modded Mach 1. Right? :rollseyes

Well I guess you got some attention CLN 6R....

I think your are full of **** on all counts.
You are probably 16 years old and drive a Buick Skylark, and live in Idaho. You probally think your cool to have an internet connection.

No one denies a G8 GXP would beat a Mach I, If you are going to make stuff up, go somewhere else.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well I guess you got some attention CLN 6R....

I think your are full of **** on all counts.
You are probally 16 years old and drive a Buick Skylark, and live in Idaho. You probally think your cool to have an internet connection.

No one denies a G8 GXP would beat a Mach I, If you are going to make stuff up, go somewhere else.

:lol:

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
430 hp but they weigh 3800+ lbs. very few will run high 12s,probably low 13s @108-111 (in good air). the 60' is what kills them. launching a land barge on irs and low-pro tires is a joke.

The new Catfish is a joke, period. It is uglier than sin too. Of course the Catfish has never been known to have nice styling, except for the 60's era imo.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

S8ER01Z

Established Member
WHOA WHOA WHOA>......STOP.

wtf happened to the 108-110 traps?:nonono:

[ame=http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21686]GXP automatic Vs. manual ET debate - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com[/ame]

As of 8-16-2009
I realize that the fastest stock GXP time was by an automatic (12.815 @ 109.54 - 385ft DA), and I have no doubt that these numbers are accurate. I would be very curious to know the Density Altitude and weather conditions at the time of that run though. I'm sure that DA was very low, and weather was good. Track prep must have been awesome too for the 1.92 60 ft.

The fastest manual time so far is this....
13.166 @ 106.47 (1.948 60 ft, 2194' density altitude).

Given these are the temps we deal with here in the midwest all summer I wouldn't expect to see better numbers until Oct but I am sure they are coming. To say the GXP is a 110+ trapping car is a joke (since no one has done it at a track) and to claim they are all running 108+ traps is a stretch considering the list is ...well I found 1 car so far.

Food for thought...
dragtimes.jpg

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
GXP automatic Vs. manual ET debate - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

As of 8-16-2009

The fastest manual time so far is this....

Given these are the temps we deal with here in the midwest all summer I wouldn't expect to see better numbers until Oct but I am sure they are coming. To say the GXP is a 110+ trapping car is a joke (since no one has done it at a track) and to claim they are all running 108+ traps is a stretch considering the list is ...well I found 1 car so far.

Food for thought...
dragtimes.jpg

That's my point senior. :beer:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I wouldve thought that almost everyone would know by now that the G8 and GTO LS2, LS1 F-Bod's (also the '10 Camaro SS but this one edge's all of them) are pretty much neck to neck along with the SRT8's stock? A lightly bolt on Mach/NA Cobra should be about the same as said car's. Like someone said, the Mach SHOULDVE kept up a lot better but it didnt. Im sure if he was to run another similar Mach or N/A Cobra, things wouldnt turn out the same.

Users who are viewing this thread