Who wants a real tune?... from Greg at Racers Edge Tuning!

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
So ive been talking with Greg from RET in Downey CA about driving down to get tuned. Then I ask him about remote tuning and he says yes he will do it and he will also fly out and tune IF we can get FIVE DEDICATED CARS WITH MONEY UP FRONT and a shop with a dyno willing to host a dyno day. He charges a flat rate of $500/car + whatever the dyno rental fee is split by however many participants. I was thinking about calling Turbo Technologies in Tacoma and see if they wouldnt mind. They have an inground dyno jet and SCT software. Unless any of you know of a shop that would host. Im just throwing this out there to guage interest and see who would be game. Personally... i dont want anyone around here touching my shit and I dont give a ****, thats my opinion and im sticking to it. Im not gonna settle for a half ass tune, and if we dont get this done my car is on a trailer heading to California.

If there is enough initial and SERIOUS interest we can start calling shops and setting up a date. I personally dont have any of my mods installed yet so im going to have to get in gear here and start the install ASAP.

cl0wnd0wn

4V FTW!
Established Member
Im down as long as its not before June. My car is done but the Kennebelled car im building wont be done untill sometime in june. If this is going to be after june you can count me in and the owner of the Kennebelled car also. I already have a startup tune from greg and ive been e-mailing him.

danbogart

Established Member
I know for a fact that my buddy and myself would be in for this. Our only issue is that our builds will probably be buttoned up and ready to tune towards the end of may. When are you thinking?

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Yeah I wont be ready myself until around probably mid to late june. I just havent had any motivation to install any of my parts due to nobody around to tune it so my mentality was whats the point. Sounds like that may change now. We probably need to give Greg some time to plan this and work it into his schedule anyway, im sure he isnt just going to drop everything hes doing for us lol.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Wow that's awesome to hear! I posted this on superiorstangs (local forum) to let others know as well.

Thanks man, appriciate that. Somebody just hit me up saying I should check that site out. Hey didnt you used to have that silver whippled terminator? The one that made like 602 with a 2.3 at HPR?

1fast99z

Established Member
I'm definitely down for that if the time table is moved up. My supercharger and other goodies should be here this week. TMS usually charges 90hr for their mustang dyno.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
How much time do you need? Im thinking late june early july is enough time for people to prepare for this. I think using TMS is definitely out of the question due to conflict of interest. Its better if we can find someone that doesnt work on mustangs, this is what Greg also told me and to me it makes perfect sense

Dusten

Established Member
When marc offered to let us use TMS for tuning he offered 90 an hour, but told me that was discounted. He was pretty helpful when he offered the dyno, so that is another option for you.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Ok so I have already found at least one shop willing to host all I would have to do is email them some details about the tuner, date, and # of cars and he will give us a rate for dyno rental. The place is called Drift Office in Auburn and they said they do this alot. They have an AWD Dynojet so you guys with those ultra rare AWD mustangs can get in on this too:thumbsup:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
When marc offered to let us use TMS for tuning he offered 90 an hour, but told me that was discounted. He was pretty helpful when he offered the dyno, so that is another option for you.

Dont you think that would be like bitch slapping Andy right in the face? I mean its defiitely not gonna be a confidence booster for him to bring somebody else into his stomping grounds. Id almost just assume we save ourselves the drama.

T800

Established Member
Ok so I have already found at least one shop willing to host all I would have to do is email them some details about the tuner, date, and # of cars and he will give us a rate for dyno rental. The place is called Drift Office in Auburn and they said they do this alot. They have an AWD Dynojet so you guys with those ultra rare AWD mustangs can get in on this too:thumbsup:

Does D.O. use SCT Software? What support does Greg offer post tune? Meaning tune revisions, etc.

I am interested in this...I'm ready now, soo you guys need to get your shit put together! :-D

From the sound of it, looks like a June date would suit most of you. When do we need to have our $ to Greg? Also, if you need any help with your install, let me know. Sometimes two sets of eyes can make things go a little more smoothly.

Dusten

Established Member
Dont you think that would be like bitch slapping Andy right in the face? I mean its defiitely not gonna be a confidence booster for him to bring somebody else into his stomping grounds. Id almost just assume we save ourselves the drama.

I posted a similar thread on RPM about a tuning day for amazon, Marc - the owner of TMS - offered his dyno up for the purpose of tuning a handful of mustangs and lightnings. Now, because bitches wouldn't come through on promises the dyno day fell through. At that point Marc offered his dyno up for remote tuning use. Never once did we ask for it, marc offered. So i'd say, no, its not a slap in the face. I like Marc, TMS is a gorgeous shop, but I dont trust andy to tune.

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
Does D.O. use SCT Software? What support does Greg offer post tune? Meaning tune revisions, etc.

I am interested in this...I'm ready now, soo you guys need to get your shit put together! :-D

From the sound of it, looks like a June date would suit most of you. When do we need to have our $ to Greg? Also, if you need any help with your install, let me know. Sometimes two sets of eyes can make things go a little more smoothly.

I doubt Drift Office does SCT. Hopefully this guy has everything he needs on a laptop or something. I have a friend that rents out his DynaPac and we could use my shop. Just an idea. Probably be a little cheaper in the long run.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member

Yeah I just need to take my car to my buddies house so I can use his shop and start actually tearing it all down. I THINK I can have it all together in a few weekends hopefully with some time to troubleshoot any unforseen issues that come up before the car goes in for the tune. Yes... I would personally prefer to do it in june at the earliest and I think some others are looking to be ready at around that time too. I havent asked him anything yet about tune revisions but im sure that would end up being a datalog/email situation. As far as the money goes... pretty sure hes gonna want it up front before he even sets foot on a plane. We would just have to get all interested parties to send payment... maybe paypal or credit card over the phone??? Ill ask him. He said that generally dyno shops will usually charge something like $500 for a whole days use so plan on possibly spending another $100 on top of the tuning fee.

I posted a similar thread on RPM about a tuning day for amazon, Marc - the owner of TMS - offered his dyno up for the purpose of tuning a handful of mustangs and lightnings. Now, because bitches wouldn't come through on promises the dyno day fell through. At that point Marc offered his dyno up for remote tuning use. Never once did we ask for it, marc offered. So i'd say, no, its not a slap in the face. I like Marc, TMS is a gorgeous shop, but I dont trust andy to tune.

Thank you for saying that because thats exactly how I and many others feel which is why im trying to organize this. Greg is a proven tuner and Ive never really heard anything negative about his shop or the cars he has tuned. Hes been doing it for 7-8 years now I believe is what he said.

I doubt Drift Office does SCT. Hopefully this guy has everything he needs on a laptop or something. I have a friend that rents out his DynaPac and we could use my shop. Just an idea. Probably be a little cheaper in the long run.

I asked Greg and he said he will be bringing his own laptop with all of his tuning software with him, and yes he does use SCT and probably Diablo as well but i cant say that with certainty.

Last edited:

B0B

Established Member
so has anyone here talked to and/or had a car tuned by Andy since he went to school at SCT? i went down there a couple months ago and talked to him about tuning my turbo motor when its done and he sounds like he knows what he's doing. I personally think that he is MUCH more trained and educated on how to tune a car than John at the HP Ranch was. i had TWO motors detonate on John's tunes. it has costed me THOUSANDS of dollars for his poor tuning. So getting it done right this time is a major thing for me. i will be in for paying to have someone come up in do it, most likely in late may/june i will have my car ready. But, if Andy can tune it and do a good job i just assume have him do it. I mean, he's always been a really big help and he knows his stuff. and after getting that training at SCT he must be able to tune a car right. I just don't want to be a guinea pig...

OGmackPLRcool

Established Member
so has anyone here talked to and/or had a car tuned by Andy since he went to school at SCT? i went down there a couple months ago and talked to him about tuning my turbo motor when its done and he sounds like he knows what he's doing. I personally think that he is MUCH more trained and educated on how to tune a car than John at the HP Ranch was. i had TWO motors detonate on John's tunes. it has costed me THOUSANDS of dollars for his poor tuning. So getting it done right this time is a major thing for me. i will be in for paying to have someone come up in do it, most likely in late may/june i will have my car ready. But, if Andy can tune it and do a good job i just assume have him do it. I mean, he's always been a really big help and he knows his stuff. and after getting that training at SCT he must be able to tune a car right. I just don't want to be a guinea pig...

I am 100% confident in Andys tuning. That's where my truck is going. Honestly I don't want to give my 2 cents because I don't have time to join this shat storm of a discussion lol. Btw I agree with everything you said

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
its pretty much just the terminator crew that distrusts andy/TMS. they used to have a heyday with John getting free tunes and all that and because john was a tuner and not a businessman it cost him. thats the truth.

it cracks me up, 3vs and 5.0s have more going on for tuning as far as VTC but cobra guys act like tuning cobras is tuning veyrons.

but hey, its your car and i get that. I'm just saying that TMS is not what it was even a year ago. give them a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread