Who uses an aftermarket power steering reservoir?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Ive seen a few of you running different power steering reservoirs, please tell me what kind and what it too to install it. Arnt one of the lines a high pressure line? Where you able to just use a worm clamp and tighten the hose down or did it require a special fitting on the pressure side?

Thanks

Mines cracked and wanting a nice look under the hood.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Both lines on the P/S resv will be relatively low pressure, and clamp-able.
The one feeding the pump is lowest, just gravity I believe.
The other one is return pressure which is still relatively low.

I also have thought about this but funds are not plentiful at this time. If I had a cracked tank I would do it in a heart beat. I like Canton stuff, their long history with circle track and road racing products is the main reason. They also re-welded the rad tank for me when the bad batch occurred.

They make a high capacity and a regular, if you are road racing with the hydro-boost still, the high cap makes sense.

Other wise the regular one should be fine. I have not seen very many of these out and about.
www.cantonracingproducts.com - 77-232 - FORD ALUMINUM POWER STEERING TANK `99-`04 FORD MUSTANG
getimage.php

Last edited:

greengt88

Established Member
Moroso makes one as well. They are around $100 if u are in the market. I'll get one eventually and have it coated black.

Users who are viewing this thread