who tuned your turbo cobra and with what software?

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
im in a debate between tim or bob for tuning. both i consider are great tuners. but my gut tells me that bob has more turbo experience.

i think my only beef with bob is that i feel he has an attitude at times, but that could be his personality or me just taking him the wrong way.

brian..

im not going to get into it on this board, but i can tell you that i project an attitude when i get an attitude from someone. You should probably look in the mirror and ask yourself.

You think im blind to what you say behind my back? I have 3 members from the corral who have FORWARDED ME PM's about you telling them not to deal with me. Then, you have the nerve to call me and ask me "what is MY price for tuning"... like i would give you any other special pricing over my loyal customers? Also, you brought us your car for a rear end noise that you blamed on another shop only to find out that your tires were rubbing like we said from the get go.. We were patient and didnt want to get into a yelling war against the other shop as we felt confident it wasnt a quality of work issue. we replaced what you instructed us too and then you had the nerve to tell us it still made the same noise even AFTER we told you it wasnt the rear end.

You also went and purchased injectors that i told you were not needed and probably going to be extra time intensive to tune... and then ask "whats my price?".. come on..

here is a link to the customer who owned that 97 cobra... read post #11 and see what he says... he brought me his car to tune and there were issues and we worked with him to get it done.. we have a customer for life.. honestly, i encourage you to use Tim as you seem to be doing alot of stuff for/with him anyways.. if you had spoken to me about the charity dyno event, i would have helped you out, but it wasnt an option

good luck with your car

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/809532-update-my-turbo-cobra-comp-stage-3s.html

Ironhand

Banned
brian..

im not going to get into it on this board, but i can tell you that i project an attitude when i get an attitude from someone. You should probably look in the mirror and ask yourself.

You think im blind to what you say behind my back? I have 3 members from the corral who have FORWARDED ME PM's about you telling them not to deal with me. Then, you have the nerve to call me and ask me "what is MY price for tuning"... like i would give you any other special pricing over my loyal customers? Also, you brought us your car for a rear end noise that you blamed on another shop only to find out that your tires were rubbing like we said from the get go.. We were patient and didnt want to get into a yelling war against the other shop as we felt confident it wasnt a quality of work issue. we replaced what you instructed us too and then you had the nerve to tell us it still made the same noise even AFTER we told you it wasnt the rear end.

You also went and purchased injectors that i told you were not needed and probably going to be extra time intensive to tune... and then ask "whats my price?".. come on..

here is a link to the customer who owned that 97 cobra... read post #11 and see what he says... he brought me his car to tune and there were issues and we worked with him to get it done.. we have a customer for life.. honestly, i encourage you to use Tim as you seem to be doing alot of stuff for/with him anyways.. if you had spoken to me about the charity dyno event, i would have helped you out, but it wasnt an option

good luck with your car

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/809532-update-my-turbo-cobra-comp-stage-3s.html

Im not sure how many people on this forum know your Bob.

Also, regardless of who tunes the car or someones experience working on cars, you will never please every single customer. Ive heard people say bad things about you, Justin at VMP, Lund, Tim, etc. It really doesnt matter how good you or any of the others are. Someone is always going to be unhappy.

I will say that about 90-95% of all the customers most of the aforementioned have are happy. IMO thats the important part.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
Im not sure how many people on this forum know your Bob.

Also, regardless of who tunes the car or someones experience working on cars, you will never please every single customer. Ive heard people say bad things about you, Justin at VMP, Lund, Tim, etc. It really doesnt matter how good you or any of the others are. Someone is always going to be unhappy.

I will say that about 90-95% of all the customers most of the aforementioned have are happy. IMO thats the important part.

you are correct... and i have learned to accept this.. there are thousands of people out there who come to all the above people for our knowledge... Most of those customers leave happy... then, there are those customers who come to us to teach us a thing or two LOL..

i will be the first to tell you that i dont know everything.. but, i have learned quite a bit from building/tuning mustangs for OVER 20yrs.. I am also a VERY VERY HONEST and BLUNT person.. I will tell you how it is and not sugar coat it.. MOST people respect this and others take this as a slap in the face. If you are coming to any of the above tuners to be buddies and get a $hitty tune, you are at the wrong place.. if you are going to any of those guys to have your car treated with the utmost respect and the highest quality tune, then you've made the right decision..

One thing i cant stand is when someone flat out lies to you..

thanks

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
ok so....

the guy that repaired my rear end at your shop is also the same mechanic that worked on my rear end of the previous shop. but ive never accused anyone of bad work. im to the point of just replacing the entire rear end.

1. its not a tire issue, i have swapped tires and wheels and went with smaller tires to try and see. its been to 3 shops and no one has really ever properly ever diag the noise. ive just learned to live with it and when it breaks it breaks.

2. i do not recall ever sending bad messages about you. what i said im sure was pretty much like i posted here. i think at times you have an attitude.

3. ive never EVER heard tim matherly speak a bad word about you. yet ive heard you say bad things about him. thats bad business in my book. but thats my opinion.

4. i posted about a dyno day on another forum and you post up some mess in there. why? did you feel the need to slam tim again? it sure seemed that way. for anyone that wants to see the post ill gladly copy and paste it here.

5. ive sent you business so do i really think your that bad a guy. nope

bob i work for ford and realize you can not please everyone. im not hard to deal with. im just looking for the best price and the best service. in this economy that is very important to me.

i hope you realize im not mad at you. im just speaking my mind and being blunt also.

brian..

good luck with your car

Last edited:

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
ok, now that its all settled..

good luck with your build and i hope Tim does a great job with your car..

as far as matherly, he is a GREAT PERSON... his business practices on the other hand are completely different from mine..

and i ALWAYS have an attitude

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
ummm.

What the hell does any of this have to do with the thread topic?

not sure who that was directed at but...

back on topic...

just wondering does anyone use brad brand or steve petty? they are "big" names but just never see them mentioned in the forums. i see them in the magazines a lot.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
not sure who that was directed at but...

back on topic...

just wondering does anyone use brad brand or steve petty? they are "big" names but just never see them mentioned in the forums. i see them in the magazines a lot.

steve doesnt tune stock ecu stuff (i talk to him quite frequently) and brad MOSTLY specializes in aftermarket ecu's as well..

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
ok, now that its all settled..

good luck with your build and i hope Tim does a great job with your car..

as far as matherly, he is a GREAT PERSON... his business practices on the other hand are completely different from mine..

and i ALWAYS have an attitude

well at least i understand that is just your personality. what you did for me when you tuned my whipple was very fair and i want you to know that i do honestly appreciate it. dont think i ever told ya that but honestly thank you.

like i said before i value you and tim both as great tuners.

lets squash the tension

bob forget how you feel and what you know about me. id like to do the same for you. im here to do business and get my car done right.

like i said in my early on statements it will be you or tim. but i also know that bart thinks a lot of you and he has worked for you both. he said hands down on a turbo setup that you would be the man to tune my car.

Users who are viewing this thread