who tuned your turbo cobra and with what software?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
just wondring what your current combo is and who tuned it? also what software or chip did you use?

thanks

post pics of your combo if you wish. its always nice to see what other people have

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
002-2.jpg

Not done yet but I'll be running sct with stock ecu and have SoCal tuning take care of it

Yaadman_GT

Yaadman_GT
Established Member
FAST XFI/XIM LSx Coils. Custom Harness by Brain Macy @ Horsepower Connection, also tuned by him. Everything in the car works like it did from the factory, and his harness is run in parallel with the factory ECM.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
just finished a 97 cobra with an mmr900 sb, ported heads, cobra intake, 80lbs injectors, fuel lab FP, and a 76mm precision turbo... on 21psi and a 50/50 mix of 93 and c16, it did the following!! It would have easily made another 30+ rwhp, but the tires started spinning violently on the dyno (as evident by the funny drop in HP at 6200)..

here is a link to his build

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...e-motivation-finish-build-97-turbo-cobra.html

cody.jpg

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
just finished a 97 cobra with an mmr900 sb, ported heads, cobra intake, 80lbs injectors, fuel lab FP, and a 76mm precision turbo... on 21psi and a 50/50 mix of 93 and c16, it did the following!! It would have easily made another 30+ rwhp, but the tires started spinning violently on the dyno (as evident by the funny drop in HP at 6200)..

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...e-motivation-finish-build-97-turbo-cobra.html

cody.jpg

not bad just shy of the 1000 mark if you go by SAE #'s. i was told my car would not make 1000 rwhp with my setup but i knew they were wrong. this car only proves it.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
not bad just shy of the 1000 mark if you go by SAE #'s. i was told my car would not make 1000 rwhp with my setup but i knew they were wrong. this car only proves it.

if it hadnt spun the tires on the dyno at 6k, it would have easily made 1000rwhp sae.. all on 80lbs injectors too

im sure Tim will do a great job tuning yours

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
if it hadnt spun the tires on the dyno at 6k, it would have easily made 1000rwhp sae.. all on 80lbs injectors too

im in a debate between tim or bob for tuning. both i consider are great tuners. but my gut tells me that bob has more turbo experience.

i think my only beef with bob is that i feel he has an attitude at times, but that could be his personality or me just taking him the wrong way.

my here is a current pic of mine. ive got all the factory wiring done and motor is all put together. intake and stuff is all torqued down. i tell you one thing that msd 2 step is a trick to get to fit under the coil covers.

1322039225.jpg

1322039223.jpg

b1acf2e5.jpg

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member

i saw it spinning (dyno graph), did he leave the blower cams in there ?

i bet running a full c16 and not spinning that car could have easily made 30-50 more hp. also running the boost up to 24-25 psi would have been interesting.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member

cody.jpg
Wow, it looks lke those large cams shifted the power band to the right quite a bit. It would be interesting to see this engine revved to 8K to take advantage of those cams.

Users who are viewing this thread