Who to have tune? 2011 GT w/ CAI, long tubes, O/R X and axle-back.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I've been putting a lot of thought into letting Lund tune it with an nGauge, but I'm open to suggestions as well. So shoot. :beer:

Kiohtee

Established Member
So what do you guys think of AED? :lol:

Appreciate the input fellas. Also, car is a manual. :beer:

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
I haven't been very excited about my Lund service thus far. My first tune request took 3.5 weeks to receive and I am currently still waiting on a tune revision I requested last Sunday. The first tune pulled a little stronger than my Bama but again I'm not excited about the time it has been taking especially since I will need to data log..

Kiohtee

Established Member
Hm, that's not good. I definitely don't want to be waiting for revisions. And just to make sure I'm reading things right; an AED mail order tune is only $250 on top of the cost of a tuner, correct?

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I will say this for AED: Shaun is extremely patient with novices when it comes to datalogging. I had to pull a part throttle datalog for my flex fuel tune, and I couldn't seem to get it down right. I have PTSD and get frustrated easily (depending on the situation), and Shaun was super chill about getting me dialed in right. He even took time out of his day to talk to me on the phone about the matter (which seemed to do the trick).

Bottom line up front, AED is great, but I do not want to take away from Lund either. Both have a stellar reputation in the industry. I picked AED because I live on the west coast, and could get bored one day and decide to take a trip to Sacremento to check out the track. Also, the datalogs from my previous tuner were questionable at best. In conclusion, you are definitely in good hands with either AED or Lund.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I will say this for AED: Shaun is extremely patient with novices when it comes to datalogging. I had to pull a part throttle datalog for my flex fuel tune, and I couldn't seem to get it down right. I have PTSD and get frustrated easily (depending on the situation), and Shaun was super chill about getting me dialed in right. He even took time out of his day to talk to me on the phone about the matter (which seemed to do the trick).

Bottom line up front, AED is great, but I do not want to take away from Lund either. Both have a stellar reputation in the industry. I picked AED because I live on the west coast, and could get bored one day and decide to take a trip to Sacremento to check out the track. You are definitely in good hands, and that goes for whichever tuner you decide to use.

He is a good dude, think I sent him two ****ed up data logs before I got it right. He was patient and professional.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Lund/Ngauge gets my vote.

You wont be waiting for revisions, Lund was backed up with the Xmas sale that lethal did on the tunes, and now they all went to the wannagofast half mile in FL. That is the difference between Lund tuning and other tuners, some sit behind a computer and send out tunes all day and some go out to actual NMRA events, 1/2 mile and full mile events to make the tunes better for the end customer.

After Monday lund will be close to being caught up.

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
Lund/Ngauge gets my vote.

You wont be waiting for revisions, Lund was backed up with the Xmas sale that lethal did on the tunes, and now they all went to the wannagofast half mile in FL. That is the difference between Lund tuning and other tuners, some sit behind a computer and send out tunes all day and some go out to actual NMRA events, 1/2 mile and full mile events to make the tunes better for the end customer.

After Monday lund will be close to being caught up.

That's great and all, but good customer service would be letting their customers know this and setting proper expectations. A lot can be on the line with the time it takes to receive tune revisions for some customers.

Users who are viewing this thread