Who says you need to be rich to have fun?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I like the idea they are going with, the price just needs to come down a bit. I wish it was like the old days (I was not alive) where you could really custom order a car the way you wanted it without getting stuck into stupid packages that add features you forget you have the second you drive off the lot.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
At that price level I'd rather have the extra 5G of options... I wouldn't really consider this anything special.

If that 5 grand dictates whether you can afford the car or not you shouldn't be buying it.

ChuckieC09

Established Member
I would just go with a fully optioned out R/T if I was going to spend 40K on a Challenger. They're pretty awesome cars fully loaded and if you're not going to be racing it every weekend there's really not that much of a difference (I think) between the R/T and SRT.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
It's nice that they are thinking outside the box.

People comparing price of new vs used /facepalm, apples and oranges.

New loaded V6 mustangs are into the 30s (at my local dealership $34,835) New 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium For Sale in Tampa FL serving St Petersburg & Clearwater| | 1ZVBP8EM6E5214576

So for 5K more you get a SRT8, and for lots of people they just want V8 and looks, not everyone is going to track them.

GT500's are now into HIGH $60s

I don't think everyone realizes how much the car market has increased prices of new cars. $40K is average unfortunately.

I mean a fully loaded honda civic is $25K!! New 2013 Honda Civic Sdn 4dr Car Tampa, FL Serving Tampa, Serving Valrico, Riverview, Brandon, Plant City, and Lakeland, FL - Brandon Honda

If that 5 grand dictates whether you can afford the car or not you shouldn't be buying it.
Come on now, lots of people set a budget and shop within it. Say they set their budget at 40K, this then works for them...

Last edited:

WJinLV

Established Member
For $14k more, I got a new GT500....now thats the top bang for the buck you can get IMO.
Im sure the Dodge forum would welcome you with open arms. Best of luck.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I think you are the only one excited. A 13 second $39K performance car doesn't sound like a good deal to me when you can get a 5.0 for $30k that runs 12's

:dw: If a loaded srt8 can touch bottom 12's stock Im sure a stripped down version MAY touch 11's stock.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
$40k for a Challenger is still lol status. Arent most getting a Boss for that price?

It's nice that they are thinking outside the box.

People comparing price of new vs used /facepalm, apples and oranges.

New loaded V6 mustangs are into the 30s (at my local dealership $34,835) New 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium For Sale in Tampa FL serving St Petersburg & Clearwater| | 1ZVBP8EM6E5214576

So for 5K more you get a SRT8, and for lots of people they just want V8 and looks, not everyone is going to track them.

GT500's are now into HIGH $60s

I don't think everyone realizes how much the car market has increased prices of new cars. $40K is average unfortunately.

I mean a fully loaded honda civic is $25K!! New 2013 Honda Civic Sdn 4dr Car Tampa, FL Serving Tampa, Serving Valrico, Riverview, Brandon, Plant City, and Lakeland, FL - Brandon Honda

Come on now, lots of people set a budget and shop within it. Say they set their budget at 40K, this then works for them...

Theres also people getting new 5.0's for under $30k at certain dealers or parts of the country.

Some dealers will not negotiate and will try to gouge, they'll also sit on cars for 6mo just to make that extra money whereas others would sell 2-3 in that time at less profit margin but moving quantity making up for it. Even with a connection I was lol'd at trying to buy a 5.0 GT at MSRP. They simply wont do it when they know someone will buy at their $5-8k asking price over MSRP.

Anyone spending $30k on a v6 stang is just a poor shopper.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'll see your fun and raise you a $5k craigslist beater truck with a $10k shifter kart in the back. Current car prices are outrageous.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
$40k for a Challenger is still lol status. Arent most getting a Boss for that price?

Theres also people getting new 5.0's for under $30k at certain dealers or parts of the country.

Some dealers will not negotiate and will try to gouge, they'll also sit on cars for 6mo just to make that extra money whereas others would sell 2-3 in that time at less profit margin but moving quantity making up for it. Even with a connection I was lol'd at trying to buy a 5.0 GT at MSRP. They simply wont do it when they know someone will buy at their $5-8k asking price over MSRP.

Anyone spending $30k on a v6 stang is just a poor shopper.

Agreed with those points, but the $39K is MSRP on this car right? So same with dodge dealership, won't people be able to get this for less, $36K or so?

And don't missunderstand me, I obliviously prefer Ford, I'm just saying that $40K is becoming more of a norm for car pricing, while just a few years back that was high end.

In 2004, the cobra was ~35K msrp, and they are now ~$65k. It's crazy that autos have made such a jump so fast. When I got my '10 new, it had every option available for the year less convertible, and it was 52K sticker!

Last edited:

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
For the 6.4 SRT-8s:

Challenger - 12.9
300C - 13.0
Charger - 12.7
Cherokee - 13.3

Not bottom 12s

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
There are always factory freaks/perfect conditions on the track that will give hero runs like that.

I don't doubt that time, but saying they are all low 12 second cars just because one out of thousands made a hero pass is stretching the truth a bit.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
There are always factory freaks/perfect conditions on the track that will give hero runs like that.

I don't doubt that time, but saying they are all low 12 second cars just because one out of thousands made a hero pass is stretching the truth a bit.

good thing no one said that...Fact is on average the 5.0/6.4 run the same times.

From challenger talk

13: 12.373 @ 113.10mph SRT8Tech 11 SRT Auto Stock
20: 12.640 @ 110.69mph KyHemiSRT 11 SRT Stock
21: 12.650 @ 110.44mph bskylerj 11 SRT Auto
28: 12.722 @ 110.24mph DadsToy 11SRT Auto stock
30: 12.769 @ 113.35mph hemi420 11 SRT M6 stock
31: 12.805 @ 109.05mph CrankCase 11 SRT M6 Stock
33: 12.818 @ 110.79mph SparkChicken 11 SRT Auto
38: 12.911 @ 110.33mph Go3dsRodsHEMI 11 SRT Auto Stock
44: 12.975 @ 108.89mph Jelsis 10SRT Auto Stock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread