Who said GTRs own the 1/2-1 mile competitions?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That thing has no extra aero either from what it looks like. I know I remember hearing that Ford had it wind tunnel tested or computer tested to 300+ mph during development.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Yes, GTR's (3,500), Lambo's (3,500+), Malone's Z(going higher CR and twin Promod 91's will see (3,500+), and Sal's Viper(probably 2,500+) own 1/2 mile racing. Geared for a mile they would probably lift off the runway.

Impressive feat for sure, not taking that away from them. You did mention 1/2 mile though haha.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, GTR's (3,500), Lambo's (3,500+), Malone's Z(going higher CR and twin Promod 91's will see (3,500+), and Sal's Viper(probably 2,500+) own 1/2 mile racing. Geared for a mile they would probably lift off the runway.

Impressive feat for sure, not taking that away from them. You did mention 1/2 mile though haha.

Isn't the fastest 1/2 mile car right around 259/260mph? That's only 19/20mph more than this GT. With the proper gearing it could do that in the 1/2.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
259 by UGR. You would think that but aero, gearing, and putting the power down is going to be that issue. I could see it putting up a fight for the RWD camp.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
259 by UGR. You would think that but aero, gearing, and putting the power down is going to be that issue. I could see it putting up a fight for the RWD camp.

I feel like a 240mph 1/2 mile in the middle of a 1 mile run is pretty impressive.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Eventually I hope they do an article or detailed tech video on how they accomplish that from stocks parts (block/heads OEM is nuts compared to other American brands, not sure on the UGR exotics).
Freakish stock appearance as well.
I definitely put his first gen GT as my dream car, and specifically in built/top speed trim :)
-J

onefastmf

Established Member
Isn't the RWD record like 237 in the 1/2 mile? says he went 240 in the half? And on those tires? WTF something seems off, what am i missing?

Users who are viewing this thread