Who ports heads?

corysmach1

Established Member
I run the CJ setup. I am doing Comp Stage 3's. I would port the heads if the money is right. JPC stage 1 says $2500 is that right or is it much less if you send them your heads? Livernois is the closest to me...I also heard they do great work.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I run the CJ setup. I am doing Comp Stage 3's. I would port the heads if the money is right. JPC stage 1 says $2500 is that right or is it much less if you send them your heads? Livernois is the closest to me...I also heard they do great work.

Pretty sure MMR does head porting

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure MMR does head porting

I would suggest the OP do a search on some of the MMR head work reviews out there (perhaps in goodle to show some other forums as well) and make his own decision on that one.

A.P.D.

Established Member

... i do ... :coolman: ever hear of Sonny's Racing Engines ??? ...

corysmach1

Established Member
http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/engines/sar-1005-2150-hp

... I am in need of a Coyote cylinder head for development work, all results will be 100% CNC'd, making any head better isn't an issue, I just need a casting ... anyone here know where I could find one ??? Damaged would be even better, all I need is one cylinder ...

You have any prices? Your sight looks legit.

Sid297- I will call them tomorrow. From what I have found its $1300 for there port. I'll confirm tomorrow.

A.P.D.

Established Member
You have any prices? Your sight looks legit.

Sid297- I will call them tomorrow. From what I have found its $1300 for there port. I'll confirm tomorrow.

... its not my site, but extremely legit, we build prostock and promod engines, but im the head porter at Sonnys ...

debit_free_2010

Established Member
I had Fox Lake port my old 3v heads and it picked up 40 rwhp and it felt like I had an afterburner kick in at 6000 rpms out to 7600.

They weren't cheap with nw SS vlaves but worth the money.

They port Coyote heads but not advertised on the website.

http://foxlakeracing.com/

corysmach1

Established Member
I had Fox Lake port my old 3v heads and it picked up 40 rwhp and it felt like I had an afterburner kick in at 6000 rpms out to 7600.

They weren't cheap with nw SS vlaves but worth the money.

They port Coyote heads but not advertised on the website.

http://foxlakeracing.com/

Yeah I didn't know they did Coyote heads....back in the day Foxlake was the place to go. They are within 2 hrs of me. I'll also give them a call

ford20

Established Member
Oh really? Isn't RGR who does JPC's work?

Yep, If I recall correctly there were some 3V guys who got ported heads from them so it might be the same situation as Fox Lake. Although I wouldn't hesitate going with Livernois either.

redline5.0

Established Member
I never could justify the price for ported heads and the gains you get back so I just slapped the cams in the stock heads. RGR or livernois would of been who I was going to use at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread