Who makes these pullies?

HPLouis

Established Member
Hi,
I’m trying to figure out who makes these pullies. I don’t see a name or any identifying information on them. They look like Metcos but they can also be LFP since they look similar. Does anyone know or is there a way I can tell?

Thanks,
Henry

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bigmoose

Established Member

HPLouis

Established Member
Ok, there has to be something on the pulley that says, ‘made in USA’ or something

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Ok, there has to be something on the pulley that says, ‘made in USA’ or something

Not sure if the actual pulley is stamped but their website proudly states made in the USA. They come in both singe and double bearing. LFP is Chinese garbage.

RKHiPerformance

www.MetcoMotorsports.com
Established Member
Hey Henry...Your pulleys look like mine, but in images like those posted it can be difficult to be certain from just the visual cues. Our idler pulleys use bearings with an orange seal - if the bearings are black then the pulleys may be knock-offs. Removing a bearing cover will reveal the bearing seal, and will provide additional confirmation.

I appreciate those who posted the distinctions between the Metco pulleys and those offered by LFP. It troubles me that occasionally I still talk to Cobra owners who are unaware of the difference, and seeing these posts makes me feel better.

Thanks very much for the support,
Rick
Metco Motorsports
[email protected]

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Our idler pulleys use bearings with an orange seal - if the bearings are black then the pulleys may be knock-offs.

Thanks very much for the support,
Rick
Metco Motorsports
[email protected]

That's great information Rick. Could potentially help others in identifying true Metco's vs. knock offs.

Thank you for letting us know that sir.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I sent the pics to Rick at Metco and spoke to him on the phone. He said that seeing the bearings and wear on the pulleys, he was sure they weren’t Metcos.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I looked at mine closer. Mine look similar with the machining, however the center looks slightly raised and has a aluminum center cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member
To be honest, I’m kind of worried now. I read about LFP on here and now I’m wondering if these pullies will disintegrate or shred my belt and leave me stranded somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread