Who is using the Detroit True-Trac?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I love it!!! The typical chattering engagement of the stock clutch type LSD is replaced with a smoothness that makes it hard to tell anything other than an open diff. might even be back there.

Except for one BIG difference, No inside wheel peel unless you lift it right off the pavement!!!

I can put down more power to my tires .... and SOONER (in corner exit) than I could before.
I am very pleased with my purchase!!!

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Everything Jimmy said and more. I had one in my previous mustang and loved it. Seemed like it help on the drag strip a bit more as well....I may be on glue but it felt that way.
I also did some autocross at that time and that was the reason for purchasing it. The Tru Trac performed awesome in this environment.

Charles236

Established Member
The Detroit Truetrac is the best general purpose differential I have ever used in many years of racing and hot rodding. It is as good as Jimmy says, in normal driving it is so seamless that you would think that you had an open differential installed. But when you put the power to it, it splits the torque so evenly that you don't feel the "locking" like you do with a conventional limited slip. I currently have a factory tracloc installed, but when I get the time, I will be installing a Truetrac.

Users who are viewing this thread