Who is into building PC's/Gaming rigs?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
man i really want to build a new rig, but also want to get a one wheel+ XR electric skate board. tough decision since i can and will be using the skate board more.

I see the prices of video cards dropping, seeing some 1080 ti cars getting to $550 used, regular 1080 going under $400.
also want to get an intel i7 7820x, 1tb nvme ssd, blahblahblah. All going to cost around $1500 (hunting for deals).

Intervention302

Established Member
Nothing new for me...

Other than fitting a Samsung 960 Pro nvme SSD.

Little tricky on my "older" motherboard. But got it working. Had it like 6 months now

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Intervention302

Established Member
Thinking of upgrading my 4790k to the new 9700k when it comes out next week

Would need to sell my MB, CPU, and RAM

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Thinking of upgrading my 4790k to the new 9700k when it comes out next week

Would need to sell my MB, CPU, and RAM
I want to upgrade as well to 9th gen. Gonna wait to see the reviews first but I have my eye on the i9-9900k
big_intel_corei9-9900k_packaging.jpg.jpg

Intervention302

Established Member
I want to upgrade as well to 9th gen. Gonna wait to see the reviews first but I have my eye on the i9-9900k
View attachment 1519811

I'm thinking for mostly gaming, the 9900k might not be worth the $150 surplus

I'm so out of the loop right now with OCing and swapping parts. Got to get back into it.

Get a plan for reinstalling Windows 7 and keeping my files

SVTFastBack

Established Member
1080ti is great for anything out. The second box I just built has a 2080 ti and I can't see anything different.
I almost went 2080 but problem being that its so new i'd rather wait for the flaws to show them self before really chiming in on one. This is also my first 1151 build, can say tho, all those people lookin to build new stuff. If you're runnin 1150's still, build a cheap 1151, hell even the 8700k I have I won the lotto, 1.3v 5ghz across all cores and before I had the first GPU show up I was super impressed with onboard graphics, these DDR4 3200+good 1151 boards are just amazing. I spent about 8,300 over all in one afternoon and don't regret a damn thing lol.. even got a new Hero7 which is like omg amazing quality. On the 11th I'll be down in Long Beach at the Iowa for the Bell ringing, wreath, and 5″ gun salute to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I if anyone else just happens to be in the area, I haven't seen a Terminator in a few years and would love to meet up with some peeps I know live down there, Ben you're not invited, unless you bring the P1.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I want to build a new, powerful rig but I’ve actually made the switch back to (clutch the pearls) console. It having to hide in the office and worry about drivers has been rather liberating. But every time I do play a remotely good looking game, I think to myself “I wonder how good this would look on PC.”

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I want to build a new, powerful rig but I’ve actually made the switch back to (clutch the pearls) console. It having to hide in the office and worry about drivers has been rather liberating. But every time I do play a remotely good looking game, I think to myself “I wonder how good this would look on PC.”

I just made the opposite switch. Went from a Xbox 1X to a 8700k/1080ti. Had them hooked up side by side on Rocket League and huge difference (not exactly a beast of a game). Even both at 1440 you can tell the Xbox can do it but it's not at 165hz like the PC. I'll have to do the same thing with Destiny 2 which looks amazing on PC, boring game though, but for free.. 1440 seems the sweet spot right now. 4k has less refresh rate and greater delay with what available today monitor wise plus the hardware to try to push 120hz plus in 4k is nuts.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I just made the opposite switch. Went from a Xbox 1X to a 8700k/1080ti. Had them hooked up side by side on Rocket League and huge difference (not exactly a beast of a game). Even both at 1440 you can tell the Xbox can do it but it's not at 165hz like the PC. I'll have to do the same thing with Destiny 2 which looks amazing on PC, boring game though, but for free.. 1440 seems the sweet spot right now. 4k has less refresh rate and greater delay with what available today monitor wise plus the hardware to try to push 120hz plus in 4k is nuts.

Trust me, I much prefer PC and M&K. And I wish I could build a new rig and continue working through my Steam back log. But console is too convenient for where I am at life right now.

Trust me though, I’ll be back on a new rig one day. And it will be glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread