Who here is NOT getting a 2013 GT500???

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
So who here is NOT getting a 2013 GT500???

Reason I ask it I have been discussing this in detail with my wife. We currently have three cars. I drive a 2004 Euro package SVT focus for a daily driver (great car, but getting long in the tooth and under-powered), and my wife drives an 2006 Audi A3 with the DSG (awesome tranny). The garage car is my 07' GT500.

My wife really wants a new car, and frankly she is up next. She wants a SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee, one of the new ones. So here is the dilemma. I sell the GT500 and the Focus, and drive the Audi for two years...and she gets her Jeep now. Then I buy a 13+ in 18-24 mo. Or, my GT500 is paid off in 6 more months, and I keep the GT500, sell the focus, drive the Audi, and she still gets the Jeep by maybe next Christmas.

While it is sort of a win-win, it comes down to do I really want the 13' or am I ok with the 07'. My wife, obviously, wants me to keep the 07'. Her argument is she would rather spend 6K on suspension and cooling than 60K on a new car.

Anyone else have this dilemma? I am leaning towards keeping the 07', paying off the Jeep quick, and then either getting a 13+ or a great daily driver like a small turbo car such as the new Focus ST (or hopefully RS by then), or a S4 or something. My GT500 has 24.9K miles on it, and frankly still feels and looks new, but the 13' is pretty damn hot.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Eamon said:
My wife, obviously, wants me to keep the 07'. Her argument is she would rather spend 6K on suspension and cooling than 60K on a new car.

Does she have a sister?

jskup1

Established Member
I'm not. Got too good of a deal on a '12 to pass up. The wife said that for the $10K less that I paid for this one, I could upgrade the engine, suspension, and cooling for less than that and have some money left over. Couldn't argue with that!

breoland

Established Member
too much into my car to get rid of for a 13...plus i ove the look of my 09
if you really like the looks of yours...you wont be too far behind if you upgraded to a tvs

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Skip the '13...no idea what that will cost anyway.
Upgrade the '07 w/ Whipple/KB and get 650 (or much more) hp in case you run into a '13
Sell the Focus, drive the Audi while the wife enjoys the Jeep.
Sell the Audi and pick up a '13 Focus ST, or maybe a '13 SHO like I did! :rockon:

Lots of ways to skin the cat....just none of which the cat appreciates.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No car payment is a nice thing. Keep the 2007 GT500.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm not getting a 13 I can't afford it. So I'm keeping the 08

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
im kind of in a wait and see mode. no one really knows how much of a performance gain is there and also lots of new stuff in that drivetrain that needs to be proven.

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
I already have a 2.9L whipple, I was actually the first guy in the country with one....so power isn't an issue. Money is...but then again you only live once and I make more and more every year so its not that big of a deal. I'm thinking of keeping it, no payment sounds really nice. We are trying to only have "one" car payment and pay everything off early.

Who knows how much the 13' will be anyway...I would put 20K down...but if I spent 6K on suspension and cooling that still leaves me with 14K for something else like kids college haha.

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
I love my 2011 and have no intention of looking at a 2013. There are a few things I like about it, but that will always be the case.

The power I have now scares me (boost upgrade, tune, etc.), and I can get sideways anytime I want :banana:

As far as racing goes, there's always someone faster (although I've yet to run into them :lol:).

My advice would be to go drive one, then you'll know.

GatorSnake

Bite First Bark Later
Established Member
Keeping my 07 GT500.....spent 4+ years getting it just right......best car I have ever had.....while there is always a faster car out there....the list is very short.....will never sell this car.....the next mustang will probably be a Boss for the wife (and me)!

Users who are viewing this thread