WHo hasnt done there taxes yet?

Have you paid your taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell with taxes who pays them anyways!

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters

Blackgeetee

Established Member
What do you guys think of a flat percentage tax? Like a fixed % of say I don't know, 20%? Then eliminate doing annual taxes etc. I know there are pros and cons to this and it has been brought up during election time. I don't understand why it wouldn't work. What are some of the cons?

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
if you shoot someone in cold blood that is a con
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
What do you guys think of a flat percentage tax? Like a fixed % of say I don't know, 20%? Then eliminate doing annual taxes etc. I know there are pros and cons to this and it has been brought up during election time. I don't understand why it wouldn't work. What are some of the cons?

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Well my taxes are completed and my total amount paid for Federal Taxes not SS and Medicare is $25,000!!! That just seems wrong! :cuss: :cuss: :fm: :fm: :mj:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee

The most equitable is the GST! Goverment Sales Tax. Simple if you buy a taxable item you additionally pay a set government sales tax. So if you choose to save your cash and invest it multiplies faster and then when you spend it you get taxed at the same rate as everyone else. Plus we catch the entire underground economy of drug dealers and those working off the books, etc.

Joel a flat tax would work. And it would put the IRS almost out of business but that still doesnt catch those operating cash businesses or illegal businesses and we miss taxing the underground economy.

If we were simply able to tax the underground economy we could fully fund medicare with full prescription benefits and social security would be completely solvent. Imagine that.

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
The most equitable is the GST! Goverment Sales Tax. Simple if you buy a taxable item you additionally pay a set government sales tax. So if you choose to save your cash and invest it multiplies faster and then when you spend it you get taxed at the same rate as everyone else. Plus we catch the entire underground economy of drug dealers and those working off the books, etc.

Joel a flat tax would work. And it would put the IRS almost out of business but that still doesnt catch those operating cash businesses or illegal businesses and we miss taxing the underground economy.

If we were simply able to tax the underground economy we could fully fund medicare with full prescription benefits and social security would be completely solvent. Imagine that.

I've heard that proposed before (GST) and I think it is the best idea for equitable taxation I've ever seen proposed!

BTW...I'm a CPA who no longer does other peoples taxes!! ;-) :D

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
ok so lets have any pros and cons on GST
an in depth discussion should be had :)

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I ve already listed the majority of the pros. There arent many cons as long as you arent a politician.

lilblond75

Steve's BRAT!
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Good you shouldnt be!

On the other hand, I am:)

So why be p!@#$ off at us for it why not the goverment?
I know that money helps me out. But just cause i get more back don't me one of those welfare people!!!

jacob67

Established Member
just got everything in today.

don't have any high hopes, i always have to pay in.

really sucks because i claim zero and with hold at higher single rate, even though i am married.

the irs just walks all over me!

Juggernaut_walkfoward.gif

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by lilblond75
So why be p!@#$ off at us for it why not the goverment?
I know that money helps me out. But just cause i get more back don't me one of those welfare people!!!

No one ever said it made you a welfare person! It makes you someone that qualifies for the unearned income credit. I am not happy with the governments decision on taxes at all.:cryying:

ssssnake

Established Member
Did mine, gotta pay. That means that aren't getting my tax return until April 15th. AAAARRRGHHH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread