WHo hasnt done there taxes yet?

Have you paid your taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell with taxes who pays them anyways!

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Yes I did mine back in Jan and got my refunds already.

That was my last easy year. Next year will be a bitch with me being self employed. I'm not looking forward to that. I plan on starting early though. I do not want to wait till the last minute. One thing that's nice for me is I will get a big jump in income around the holidays that should more than cover me come tax time. With all my deductions (I'm keeping track of everything) I should hopefully come out ahead...;-)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Only Joel cant write off too much or it will hurt your chances at getting financed for a house :( My favorite deduction is mileage to the tune of $.34 1/2 cents a mile x 58,000 miles :p

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Just curious...... I still havent finished mine, sucks to be self-employed......

Zach, we know you are by yourself, but you call that employment.

I think it just sucks to be you:D :D

MeganSue69

Tim's Girl Toy
Re: Re: WHo hasnt done there taxes yet?

Originally posted by FordSVTFan

Zach, we know you are by yourself, but you call that employment.

I think it just sucks to be you:D :D

lol...

I got my taxes done... i sent them in a couple few weeks ago... hopefully ill get the refund within the next year....

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: WHo hasnt done there taxes yet?

Did mine back in mid-March and got the Fed refund on Friday. :thumbsup: I'm moving into a new place in July so it'll be sitting in a money market until then. Too bad, I wanted to use a part of it for a strut tower brace.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
By the way, any self-employed that started their business as an "S-Corporation"?

I'm looking at starting my venture as such in 2-3 years so that any profits go as income to me and therefore subject to personal tax and not the capital gains tax.

Of course, I want to first make sure S-Corp would be the most beneficial from a tax perspective. After a certain dollar amount I can't see how it would be. Thanks for any info! :beer:

Last edited:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
S-Corp is a great way to set yourself up for!!!! you can even write off a luxury car!! You do have to have a junker car plus your regualr work car, but it is a great way to hide money, also you pay yourself from the corporation. The way to do it is to pay yourself a low wage of management and bonus yourself every month, because you are such a hard working Employee!!:p

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
S-Corp is a great way to set yourself up for!!!! you can even write off a luxury car!! You do have to have a junker car plus your regualr work car, but it is a great way to hide money, also you pay yourself from the corporation. The way to do it is to pay yourself a low wage of management and bonus yourself every month, because you are such a hard working Employee!!:p

In my opinion a better setup is to choose an L.L.C. (limited liability corp) and elect Subchapter S status for the L.L.C. Make yourself a member of the L.L.C. and an employee. Use Zachs suggestion, pay yourself a low wage and a bigger monthly bonus.

But it depends upon the amount of income and profits we are talking about as well as the number of employees that will alter these or any suggestions on corporate status.

Good luck:ud:

ssssnake

Established Member
Heck no! I'm too busy getting ready for everyone else's tax returns. (work for a CPA firm) And mileage for 2002 was .365
It will only be .36 for 2003

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
that would require having all of your w2 which the last one I'll have to fight for

Users who are viewing this thread