Established Member
JDM with their system
Johnny Lightning with their ram air and thunder tube
Volant cold air

What's your opinion!

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I Love the Volant...I think its a nice looking unit and is very functional with keeping out HOT air from the engine bay. The filter flows something like 8x's the amount compared to stock and the install is attractive.

Jesse

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
JLP....the aem might be a nice system, but the fact that its AEM i wouldnt put it on my truck

NeckBreaker

My signature sucks! ^
Established Member
Is the JLP system true ram air, where does the box sit, does it puill air from the fender wall or from the bottom of the car!! It is kind of expensive and I am just curious if is is really better power wise or just sounds cool.

smilinjack

Established Member
I think you are going to find many opinions based on who bought what. You need to get opinions based on experience, meaning those of us who have invested in a certain amount of CRAP before realizing that it is performance we are seeking instead of who's who in the sales department!! Get the numbers (et's, hp, etc.) before choosing what to buy (or make)! It really helps to study what it is you are interested in before taking anybody's word for its validity!

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
smilinjack said:
I think you are going to find many opinions based on who bought what. You need to get opinions based on experience, meaning those of us who have invested in a certain amount of CRAP before realizing that it is performance we are seeking instead of who's who in the sales department!! Get the numbers (et's, hp, etc.) before choosing what to buy (or make)! It really helps to study what it is you are interested in before taking anybody's word for its validity!
What he said :thumbsup:

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
I have the Volant CAI and it looks great. As far as functionality goes, I have no complaints other than the fact that it was missing a piece when it arrived; but nothing that a trip to the auto parts store couldn't fix.
volant.JPG

Last edited:

JJ@WMS

Banned
NeckBreaker said:
Is the JLP system true ram air, where does the box sit, does it puill air from the fender wall or from the bottom of the car!! It is kind of expensive and I am just curious if is is really better power wise or just sounds cool.

The Air filter gets its supply from three locations.

under the bumper scoop, factory inlet hole in fender and from the top of the box.

If your looking for ET's to back up that it works, then my 10.59 at 18lbs of boost KB'd no nitrous should tell you that it works. :rockon:

Or even JL's many 9 second runs. :eek:

Later...

JJ@WMS

Users who are viewing this thread