Who has: Paxton tuner kit+id1000+AED Email tune

konabluekiller

Established Member
Pushing the GO button this month on buying the Paxton kit from a local tuner because I'm getting a killer wholesale deal. He was gonna get it with FORD 60# injectors but after talking to many tuners I'm going to go with the ID1000s like I originally wanted because everyone says they are easier to tune. The local tuner is certified in tuning coyote motors but through the grapevine I've seen some horror stories that's come form his shop. So I'm just getting the parts from him then getting it tuned by someone else.

I currently have an AED tune and love it every time I step on the gas or honestly just drive around normal (the driveability is better than stock IMO). Worlds better than the previous (unspoken) tuners tune that I had. Two nights ago we had some fun runs on the Mexican highway with a few cars from our group. One guy had been talking loads of shit and had a car with equal mods to mine (m6, jlt, 3.73, catless exhaust, suspension) but he also had a Boss intake and Longtubes with a custom dyno tune. My whole group are AED haters, say that me running heavy 20s is a bad idea and hate on my audio setup with a 12 inch subwoofer saying its too heavy. Well I walked that boss intake car from a few digs and some 30 rolls by 2-3 cars to 120 mph shutting him up pretty good. I haven't had an equal modded car touch me yet out of 5-6 different ones so that tells me my AED tune is damn fast.

Has anyone gone Paxton and done remote datalog tuning from Shaun? I would talk to him but I don't want to bug a busy man with petty questions until I have the parts in my garage next month. Also does anyone else have any input on tuners and the paxton setup?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Pushing the GO button this month on buying the Paxton kit from a local tuner because I'm getting a killer wholesale deal. He was gonna get it with FORD 60# injectors but after talking to many tuners I'm going to go with the ID1000s like I originally wanted because everyone says they are easier to tune. The local tuner is certified in tuning coyote motors but through the grapevine I've seen some horror stories that's come form his shop. So I'm just getting the parts from him then getting it tuned by someone else.

I currently have an AED tune and love it every time I step on the gas or honestly just drive around normal (the driveability is better than stock IMO). Worlds better than the previous (unspoken) tuners tune that I had. Two nights ago we had some fun runs on the Mexican highway with a few cars from our group. One guy had been talking loads of shit and had a car with equal mods to mine (m6, jlt, 3.73, catless exhaust, suspension) but he also had a Boss intake and Longtubes with a custom dyno tune. My whole group are AED haters, say that me running heavy 20s is a bad idea and hate on my audio setup with a 12 inch subwoofer saying its too heavy. Well I walked that boss intake car from a few digs and some 30 rolls by 2-3 cars to 120 mph shutting him up pretty good. I haven't had an equal modded car touch me yet out of 5-6 different ones so that tells me my AED tune is damn fast.

Has anyone gone Paxton and done remote datalog tuning from Shaun? I would talk to him but I don't want to bug a busy man with petty questions until I have the parts in my garage next month. Also does anyone else have any input on tuners and the paxton setup?

Did you order the kit yet, i have killer deals on these and the id's.

I can also do remote tuning for Lund Racing. I probably have 30+ of these setups on SVTP alone. Tons of tuning time invested on them.

how much do the ID1000's cost

MSRP is $960, but there are some forum specials available

beef
513-478-1965

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member

OP, I just caught wind today that Shaun is no longer doing remote tunes for people NOT using a dyno. Not sure how you planned on tuning the car but if you have him do it you will need to rent a dyno for the afternoon to get him to tune it. Like I said, no more remote tuning via street pulls. At least this is what i was told today. So take it with a grain of salt.

As for the Paxton kit, I am pulling the trigger on one as well in the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping to get away with 47# injectors for the summer until I go E85. We lose so much power up here at elevation that it SHOULD be fine, if not, I'll be getting a set of ID1000's as well.

konabluekiller

Established Member
Did you order the kit yet, i have killer deals on these and the id's.

I can also do remote tuning for Lund Racing. I probably have 30+ of these setups on SVTP alone. Tons of tuning time invested on them.

MSRP is $960, but there are some forum specials available

beef
513-478-1965

Yeah I'd spoken with you a month ago about the kit. I'll PM you with details instead of putting it on here...

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
OP, I just caught wind today that Shaun is no longer doing remote tunes for people NOT using a dyno. Not sure how you planned on tuning the car but if you have him do it you will need to rent a dyno for the afternoon to get him to tune it. Like I said, no more remote tuning via street pulls. At least this is what i was told today. So take it with a grain of salt.

As for the Paxton kit, I am pulling the trigger on one as well in the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping to get away with 47# injectors for the summer until I go E85. We lose so much power up here at elevation that it SHOULD be fine, if not, I'll be getting a set of ID1000's as well.

if you have plans on the e85, save the money on the 47's and go straight for the 1000's this will also make it a little easier on the tuning once you convert over to e85, you'll save the $$ on the 47's and you'll save tuning $$ / dyno time

Also, we have no problem remote tuning on the street. Works out very well actually, and gives real world tuning

Yeah I'd spoken with you a month ago about the kit. I'll PM you with details instead of putting it on here...

cool

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There is a local selling some 1000's for 500iirc. Send me a pm and I'll give you his number.

thats a good price,

i would send them out to be cleaned and flowed though before running them

never want to play with fuel mods.

Shaun@AED

Only for Boosted applications.
I've recently seen about a 50% rate of 'issues' on boosted apps related to variables that are easily controlled on a dyno by a quality shop vs street tuning.
Belt slip, vacuum leaks, running out of injectors, etc. (not to mention tire spinning power) It's a lot safer to rent a dyno at a quality shop for a few hours.

konabluekiller

Established Member
Only for Boosted applications.
I've recently seen about a 50% rate of 'issues' on boosted apps related to variables that are easily controlled on a dyno by a quality shop vs street tuning.
Belt slip, vacuum leaks, running out of injectors, etc. (not to mention tire spinning power) It's a lot safer to rent a dyno at a quality shop for a few hours.

I have a feeling the guy that wants to do my tuning, might get butthurt if i just want to rent his dyno and use you to remote tune... But i can say i have beat every other 5.0 in town around me with equal or more mods. 2 nights ago the guy was speechless that had a boss intake, long tubes and a dyno tune and i still walked him. Loving this tune for sure and the car runs strong as hell.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Shouldn't be about a guy getting butt hurt cause your paying to use his dyno. AED, lund and a few others know these cars damn good. You should be more worried about getting a tune that isn't as good as some of these guys, cause in the end your butt may be hurting if this tuner does a bad tune and your motor craps out.

Shaun@AED

I have a feeling the guy that wants to do my tuning, might get butthurt if i just want to rent his dyno and use you to remote tune... But i can say i have beat every other 5.0 in town around me with equal or more mods. 2 nights ago the guy was speechless that had a boss intake, long tubes and a dyno tune and i still walked him. Loving this tune for sure and the car runs strong as hell.

Triangle Speed is in Orange. He's AED supported.

cuzracecar

Established Member
^^^^ +1 for bluesnake, i was in the same boat as you but after i rented the dyno and got my remote tune the owner of the dyno was so impressed that he now pays the guy that did my tuning to come and tune for him lol

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
how much do the ID1000's cost

Dallas Mustang has them for $849. They had a 10% off coupon earlier this month. I paid around $850 with tax and shipping but it took them 3 weeks to get them to me (shipped the day after I sent them an e-mail inquirey).

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
if you have plans on the e85, save the money on the 47's and go straight for the 1000's this will also make it a little easier on the tuning once you convert over to e85, you'll save the $$ on the 47's and you'll save tuning $$ / dyno time

Also, we have no problem remote tuning on the street. Works out very well actually, and gives real world tuning

cool

Ive already got the 47's, but I picked them up for $50 from a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread