Who has done calpier paint come in here

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
I was thinking about re touching mine in red over the weekend and was just seeing if anybody has had great results with different paint etc etc.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I did mine with the caliper kit from duplicolor... I need to re do them again. A buddy of mine used a high temp bbq paint and cleared it and 2 years later it still looks great.

03CobraRed

Established Member
Mine are done in black and look awesome. I used the duplicolor kit as well.

You can kind of see them here:
DSCF9027.jpg

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
I used that anodizer paint on mine. Used the matching silver metallic base then sprayed the red over top. Turned out great. After several years though the red has faded. Maybe I should have sprayed a clear coat on top of that.
Zerofrontbrakes.jpg

ARdoller

Established Member
i should do mine... the previous owner did them in white, for whatever reason i dont know. and the paint is chipping and such, and it looks like poo.

03CobraRed, did you fill in the "COBRA" letters in yourself, or did the duplicolor kit come with a letter overlay? ill probably just use high temp BBQ paint (did it for both of my last 2 car's lower bumpers near the tail pipes and i have no complaints).

does anyone have any good color suggestions for a black car? i dont wanna do white again, and i dont know if i wanna do black.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
mine are in black, and I used Pacific Green touch up paint for the "COBRA" letters. I like it, clean look, and different from others.

uofipilot

Established Member
I hate red calibers...:cuss:

I hate red calibers too. I hate pretty much everything that Dodge makes. I do like red calipers though, especially on my black cobra. ;-)

Anyway, yeah, I did mine (in red). It looks ok, but if I have the time over the summer, I'd really like to get them powder coated. The paint doesn't really look all that great.

03CobraRed

Established Member
i should do mine... the previous owner did them in white, for whatever reason i dont know. and the paint is chipping and such, and it looks like poo.

03CobraRed, did you fill in the "COBRA" letters in yourself, or did the duplicolor kit come with a letter overlay? ill probably just use high temp BBQ paint (did it for both of my last 2 car's lower bumpers near the tail pipes and i have no complaints).

I just used the kit and painted everything, then I used some of my touch up paint to fill in the COBRA letters. Its lasting better than I thought and I haven't had to touch anything up at all. I was going to spray a clear coat over it but I decided against it for fear of any running or the clear not sticking to the caliper paint.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
i used the duplicolor kit in blue it comes with brush and cleaner and can of paint so you just need to brush away so far it still looks like the day i painted them:D

jumperjack

Established Member
what color would you do on a bab car

There was another BAB cobra on here that found a color that all but matched the BAB and it looked good. Hopefully they get the search up and running soon you could take a look at them. I used the duplicolor spray and then sprayed them with 3 coats of clear. If you want them to turn out nice and last it is all in the prep. I used a drill and wire wheel to get most of the dirt and grime off and then sanded them. I painted everything black and when it dried I took a razor blade and peeled the paint off of the COBRA and then cleared them.
035.jpg

blown up 98

Established Member
^^^
i did almost the exact same thing but when the colored paint started to tack up i stuck a piece of masking tape over the COBRA and it peeled right off.

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
what color would you do on a bab car

Just me 2 cents worth, I have a BAB, and I wanted to match the blue without the expense of duplicolor which dosen't have BAB anyway, so I went to the local hobby store and got a can of #1210 "gloss bright blue" spray enamel. I covered the front "cobra" lettters with some tape, and wall-la paint job! The job has held perfectly now for over 2 years. It matches the original car paint almost perfectly. Really makes the calipers jump out at you.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
concerning the process how did everyone go about spray painting the calipers? did you take them off the car, hang them etc. I'm not sure Im comfortable with taking off my brakes to paint them and put them back on..is it hard?

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
^^I'd like more info on this as well. I wanna do it, but I'm not comfortable taking everything apart. Also, has anyone tried the peices on the rear brakes (not sure if they're still called calipers or not)? I was thinking about painting them as well to match, just haven't saw it done.

ARdoller

Established Member
im thinking about doing red, but only because im considering two toning my car, with a red pinstripe... and i think the pinstripe and calipers would be a nice subtle touch to bring them together.

Users who are viewing this thread