Who else put away their Boss for winter?

BADBOSS

Established Member
Mine is a DD so i will try to make it through another Reno winter. Last year i drove it everyday but 2 with stock Pirellis

NJSP117

Established Member
Not yet....trying to get some more driving in till it gets too cold...but the goodyear F1 G2 tires are terrible when it gets below 50 degrees....
Time for some winter fun with the Raptor...hope we get some big snow!

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Put mine away on Tuesday. Sleeping in heated storage under the Boss cover until May 2013.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I put mine away here in CA. But not for the weather really. I'm "trying" to keep the miles down. 23,000 so far.

I am going to Laguna Seca with the Nor Cal Shelby Club the day after Thanksgiving though!

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
What is really awesome is that they are no longer producing these anymore. 2 year run. If they don't eventually make others in 2015 or beyond, these will be an great investment and worth some serious coin in the future.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
What is really awesome is that they are no longer producing these anymore. 2 year run. If they don't eventually make others in 2015 or beyond, these will be an great investment and worth some serious coin in the future.

Looking at the current Cobra R prices, I disagree. It is however a serious investment in fun driving:banana:

ihatepotholes

Established Member
school has been really really busy for me. I haven't driven my car in more than a month... hopefully the gas didn't go bad.

NJSP117

Established Member

I can't see it being an investment unless you buy it, never drive it, store it in a temp/humidity controlled capsule for the next 40 years.....then while we're driving cars that fly through the air, some collector may want it for his antique collection....in the meantime, it's a great car to drive the wheels off of and enjoy it....just because someone sells a 70 Boss 302 for $100k doesn't mean the same thing will happen again....and if you paid $45k for it in 13, then a $55k return in 40 years is pretty weak anyway...just my $.02 :dw:

ihatepotholes

Established Member
I can't see it being an investment unless you buy it, never drive it, store it in a temp/humidity controlled capsule for the next 40 years.....then while we're driving cars that fly through the air, some collector may want it for his antique collection....in the meantime, it's a great car to drive the wheels off of and enjoy it....just because someone sells a 70 Boss 302 for $100k doesn't mean the same thing will happen again....and if you paid $45k for it in 13, then a $55k return in 40 years is pretty weak anyway...just my $.02 :dw:

i completely agree with you. It is a terrible investment even if the car is worth 250K in 40 years.... 4.3% return is way below average.

TVM my friend TVM.

i see that you are from NJ too, how did you fare with sandy? hope all is well.

isrboss

Established Member
Yeah no doubt it will fire up. I was seeking out if any of you know if stored for multiple months, should we pull the fuel pump fuse or ignition fuse, to prevent the car from starting? Circulate the oil back up top some before giving the valve train near 2000rpm worth.

Users who are viewing this thread