Who DD's their TURBO coyote ???

BUCKET

Established Member
I drive the hell out of mine, many 7 hr road trips. I could DD but have another ride so only drive it when it's not raining.

DNT H8

Established Member
DD mine. It was a pain in the beginning months and I found myself asking what have I done a lot. It has taken a while to get the tune dialed in and the oil pressure stuff situated to the turbos so they don't smoke. Also I spent probably all of 4 months trying to get all of the rattles out, with the exhaust and everything fitting properly
Thanks for the solid input, were you tuning this yourself?? The issues you were having was it some fault of the kit?? Honestly...
Thanks

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Had BBR tuning it for the fist couple months and found out JMS was close by so I had them dyno tune it. Was still having issues so I had a bunch of logs and went in again for a retuning. Glad I did as 95% of my issues are clear. Most who have the kit are having no problems with the tuning and whatnot, and I'm sure I could have done without, but I relocated my o2 sensors and it "seemed" to help.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
The other thing I would do if I had done it again is have the hot side coated. I don't have underhood head issues(turbo and DP wrapped) but every little bit helps and I think it would look nicer if something was on the headers. I will do coating once the engine comes out for sure. Just something to think about. Also make some pressure testers to check for boost leaks. I still have one at the MAF slot I can't get rid of.

Pressure testers for TT stang by OveRBoreD302, on Flickr

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I drive my twin hellion all the time. I have a 60 mile round trip to work, so I don't really daily drive it in order to keep miles off. But I would have zero issues driving it to California and back. Heck, I drove 30 miles to Mexico Saturday night, slapped around a new ZR-1, then drove it home. :banana:

WIPLASH1

Established Member
The other thing I would do if I had done it again is have the hot side coated. I don't have underhood head issues(turbo and DP wrapped) but every little bit helps and I think it would look nicer if something was on the headers. I will do coating once the engine comes out for sure. Just something to think about. Also make some pressure testers to check for boost leaks. I still have one at the MAF slot I can't get rid of.

Pressure testers for TT stang by OveRBoreD302, on Flickr

So each one goes on an inlet of a turbo and you test through the turbos?

FIFTY

Established Member
So how are these turbo cars from a roll race, is there a substantial lag when dropping the hammer?

FIFTY

Established Member
Fifty your setup is my alternative setup vmp stage3/corn/AED tuned.

its not a bad setup at all, i've been 9's already with just an 82mm pulley, and its not even a VMP blower. My only downfall is that i cant go passed a 69mm pulley on the regular ROUSH kit.

DNT H8

Established Member
Your numbers are sick... stock oil pump gear?
My concern is spinning tires all day with a PD, but thats forum talk so who knows?

OveRBoreD

Established Member
So each one goes on an inlet of a turbo and you test through the turbos?

You got it. Pretty easy to do and only took about a day gathering supplies and making them. Everything remains hooked up and you test the system as a whole. Tested mine up to 10psi.

For the question on roll racing and lag. If you are in any gear above 3.5k it is in boost (4-5psi) almost as quick as I can put my foot down. It all happens so quick and the torque hit is insane. It's softer than a PD hit. Imagine being shot out of a giant slingshot as opposed to a cannon. Your are pulled rather than pushed.

CPRsm

^^^That's pretty much it. Just long enough to think "this ain't so bad," then it gets stupid.
There are small tricks to do with can help the larger stuff spool instantly. Depends on the setup. Sometimes that touch of foreplay is just enough to entice traction

Users who are viewing this thread