Who DD's their TURBO coyote ???

DNT H8

Established Member
Single or Twins... which kit and whats your impression for DD duty? Any issues, complaints, or regrets??
I'm currently going back and forth ad nauseam, centri / PD / centri / PD... but really want a turbo setup.
DD during the summer with an occasional solo event and 1/4 about twice month is how I roll... Im purchasing a power adder in April and cant decide (as usual) lol.

:beer:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I'd like to know this as well. I've read(on here and other places), that turbos are a lot harder to get dialed in right, and less DD friendly. Not sure if that's true or not.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
The only reason I didn't and won't in the future is because of gas MPG, tire tread life and unnecessary mileage being put on my car. Other than that, I may be starting a job much closer and plan to drive it every time it's nice out to work and so on.

Shiken_Feddas

Established Member
Single or Twins... which kit and whats your impression for DD duty? Any issues, complaints, or regrets??
I'm currently going back and forth ad nauseam, centri / PD / centri / PD... but really want a turbo setup.
DD during the summer with an occasional solo event and 1/4 about twice month is how I roll... Im purchasing a power adder in April and cant decide (as usual) lol.

:beer:

I'd like to know this as well. I've read(on here and other places), that turbos are a lot harder to get dialed in right, and less DD friendly. Not sure if that's true or not.

I DD with my Hellion single kit for over two years now. Does great in the FL summers too. Great gas mileage. No complaints here.:beer:

Bud

Established Member
You have to toss the swaybar with the JPC single, thats a deal breaker for me...

This could get interesting though not much out there on the subject.

I daily drove my car without a front swaybar and was no big deal, didn't miss it.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
My CPR Single car....has 57,000+ miles on it. Its been a test bed for Auto tuning back in early 2011 along with a ton of nitrous, and now...she has a turbo strapped to her. Almost have ~10,000 miles on the Turbo setup.

Benchracer

Established Member
I DD mine with a JPC single. No sway bar doesnt bother me. No regrets. This is the funnest car I have ever had. Under hood temps are ridiculously LOW. That is probably what has impressed me the most actually. With the turbo blanket and wrap, I can literally keep my hand on tbe turbine housing or the downpipe and not burn my hand. Car gets great gas mileage and drives like stock.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I have driven mines to work for a few weeks due to my beater being down. No problems on this end from it. 32k on clock and 3k on setup.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
DD mine. It was a pain in the beginning months and I found myself asking what have I done a lot. It has taken a while to get the tune dialed in and the oil pressure stuff situated to the turbos so they don't smoke. Also I spent probably all of 4 months trying to get all of the rattles out, with the exhaust and everything fitting properly. This was my first time doing something like this which was a big factor and an experience. All this time I was driving on it making everything even harder because it couldn't be down for more than a weekend. With all this said I would absolutely positively do it again. When it all works it just works. The feeling and power these blow dryers give your car is amazing. There is nothing like giving it a little gas and feeling/hearing those monsters under the hood sucking air. The exhaust is quiet(er) so you can run loud exhaust setups which is awesome! My gas mileage is 12-13city/21-22highway. Once you get everything straight (or even better right the first time) you will be happy. No regrets here! End novel...

Users who are viewing this thread