Who Cruises Ritchie Hwy?

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Damn, was there a cobra cruise on ritchie highway today (thursday) that i wasnt informed of? I work at Severna Park Automotive, right on the corner across from Wendys and Blockbuster in Severna Park right on ritchie highway, and around like 4 or so i saw two cobras, fire mist red and a black one (tinted), right behind one another, heading north on rt. 2, they both sounded pretty sick. Then, 10 minutes later when i was walking to a customers car, a sonic blue cobra came by, and again, a pretty loud exhaust setup, with the silver cobra bumper insert. THEN, i was leaving work at like 7, and was behind a comp. orange 04, who turned into mezzanottie restaurant on rt. 2(or however u spell it). Any of you guys who came by me today on the boards? if so, keep comin by, makes my day more enjoyable, im tired of all of the damn hondas screamin by at 20mph.

Also, that brings me to my next point. I dont know if ive mentioned this to anyone but if you need any 0EM parts, let me know, and ill get them for you wholesale price. Also, if youre looking for tires, i can get you any tire for wholesale price as well, ill mount n balance for free, so let me know! i wont make n e profit off of it, just a sign of appreciation from one (former) cobra owner to another :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Yeah, theres alot of Cobras around that area. You may have seen mmars(Matt) sonic blue and playwithmysnake(Bruce) comp. orange. Wish I would have known you would mount and balance tires free, I just got new rims/tires lees then 2 weeks ago.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by GetBlown2k3
Damn, was there a cobra cruise on ritchie highway today (thursday) that i wasnt informed of? I work at Severna Park Automotive, right on the corner across from Wendys and Blockbuster in Severna Park right on ritchie highway, and around like 4 or so i saw two cobras, fire mist red and a black one (tinted), right behind one another, heading north on rt. 2, they both sounded pretty sick. Then, 10 minutes later when i was walking to a customers car, a sonic blue cobra came by, and again, a pretty loud exhaust setup, with the silver cobra bumper insert. THEN, i was leaving work at like 7, and was behind a comp. orange 04, who turned into mezzanottie restaurant on rt. 2(or however u spell it). Any of you guys who came by me today on the boards? if so, keep comin by, makes my day more enjoyable, im tired of all of the damn hondas screamin by at 20mph.

Also, that brings me to my next point. I dont know if ive mentioned this to anyone but if you need any 0EM parts, let me know, and ill get them for you wholesale price. Also, if youre looking for tires, i can get you any tire for wholesale price as well, ill mount n balance for free, so let me know! i wont make n e profit off of it, just a sign of appreciation from one (former) cobra owner to another :thumbsup:

Ok, you and I have probably seen each other. I drive by Severna Park Automotive about 3.9 million times per month. My fiance (and her family) takes her grey 1996 Lexus to your shop. I drive a black (not tinted) '03 Cobra and have been there with her numerous times to pick her up after dropping her car off. I need to stop by and say hello, at the very least. I will DEFINITELY be coming to your shop for some tires in the future, if your offer still stands. What's your name man?

Oh and I agree with Ken (Hissssnsvt) you probably saw the following people:
'03 Sonic Blue Coupe - Matt (mmars here on the board)
'04 Comp Orange Coupe - Bruce (playwithmysnake here on the board)

Both MACA members, might I add :-D

Not sure about the Black one or the Red one, but if the red one was a vert, it may have been 04Torchvert (Rob). Hmmm, I need to cruise around that area more often (I live in Annapolis) so I can recruit a few more MACA members. :thumbsup:

I will definitely try to stop by sometime man. Now drive up to Bob Bell and pick up another Cobra :-D

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
My name is Scott B. (theres another scott there but hes a fat old worthless a$$hole), im the youngest one there, 18. Im the only one that wears the blue work shorts instead of the pants, haha. Shit, you know what, i think i saw you like months ago (before i had my 03), you were picking up your fiancee i think, you parked out in front waiting on her, and i just stared in awe at your cobra, lol, cuz i was looking for one. But yeah man, swing by any time, need new tires, and OEM parts, need to put it up on the lift to check something...just let me know. Does your fiancee drive the cobra sometimes? i think it was monday i saw some chick in a black non tinted cobra heading south (towards annapolis) on rt. 2.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by GetBlown2k3
My name is Scott B. (theres another scott there but hes a fat old worthless a$$hole), im the youngest one there, 18. Im the only one that wears the blue work shorts instead of the pants, haha. Shit, you know what, i think i saw you like months ago (before i had my 03), you were picking up your fiancee i think, you parked out in front waiting on her, and i just stared in awe at your cobra, lol, cuz i was looking for one. But yeah man, swing by any time, need new tires, and OEM parts, need to put it up on the lift to check something...just let me know. Does your fiancee drive the cobra sometimes? i think it was monday i saw some chick in a black non tinted cobra heading south (towards annapolis) on rt. 2.

Did I back into the spot, facing towards the KFC, to wait for her? That was definitely me. She had to get something done, can't quite rememeber it. So when you getting another Cobra? :-D

And no, you didn't see her driving my car. She can't drive stick :nonono: Yet, she wants a convertible '03 Cobra :rolleyes:

Women :shrug:

Since you offered the lift, I might take you up on that too. I just replaced a half-shaft and have to take the car in to Ford soon for a TOB replacement (which I have been just dealing with for a long time). I want to make sure that the area around the new half-shaft is clean (grease splattered everywhere when the half-shaft broke, and there's a ton of rubber in the wheel wells) so that they won't notice that it was replaced and/or try to void my warranty. Would sometime next week work for you? Again, all I want to do is get it up there and wipe it down with a rag or something. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes, if that.

Thanks for the offers though, Scott!! I'll be sure to stop by sometime soon just to say hi, at least! :thumbsup:

P.S. When are you getting another Cobra? Get anothre one so you can join MACA man :thumbsup: :beer:

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Haha yeah that was you, backed into the spot, like spots in front of the main office. Um, what day is good for you next week? I can do it anyday at like 6:30 if that works... give me a call whenever you figure it out. 443 995 0247.

Well after the speeding incident...parents say no way in the world im gonna have another cobra while im livin in the house...cuz they think im gonna kill myself. but my dads goin for the lightning idea! thats the closest to a cobra i can get right now :shrug: Ill still cruise with you guys though!

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
hey guys,, that was me going into the cafe mezzanete on thursday night with comp orange,, went there for my birthday,, good food by the way..... maybe next week or weekend before the meeting we can cruise up good ole glen burine on the ritchy run to see whats happing ,, i know people hang out oup there and street race ,, ive done it a few times a couplke years ago, but we can just sit and wait and hopefully a few stangs will show ,, let me know..

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I'm probably going to take it in to Ford to fix.

Hopefully, I'll do a good job of cleaning the side where the half-shaft broke and they won't notice. Gotta get the rubber off the exhaust/wheel wells too. I think I'm going to have them fix/re-position my spring isolator on the same side that I broke the half-shaft on. I think that it may be causing the vibration I'm feeling. And the clutch feels really bad recently. I'm going to try to take it in to them EARLY next week.

I will continue to deal with Sheehy as long as they keep doing a good job. :rockon:

Last edited:

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Yup... that was me. Took the scenic route home from work that day...

03cobragirl

Go Ravens!!
Established Member
I was in that area around 4:30...wasn't me tho' I was going south bound on rt2.

Last edited:

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Years ago, I used to race richie highway. Recently, after I got the Cobra, I swung by to see if it had been taken completely over by ricers, or if there were any domestics left.......nothing. Nobody was there. It looked like a ghost town on a weekend night. WTF?
Where did everyone go?
Where do people cruise on weekend nights now?
I'd hate to think that cruising died when I grew up.

Threat

Established Member
hey i recently moved to glen burnie and im on ritchie everyday. i live and work right off it. i have a 98 contour svt wit exhaust and intake.

My Car

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
OhOneSnake said:
Years ago, I used to race richie highway. Recently, after I got the Cobra, I swung by to see if it had been taken completely over by ricers, or if there were any domestics left.......nothing. Nobody was there. It looked like a ghost town on a weekend night. WTF?
Where did everyone go?
Where do people cruise on weekend nights now?
I'd hate to think that cruising died when I grew up.

Hey OhOneSnake,

Cruising will never die. I still cruise Ritchie Highway every now and then. Though, I can usually never find anyone willing to play. I don't know why?? :idea: :beer:

You should join the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association. We just had a dyno day at Amazon Racing yesterday. It was a blast!! Check out just a few of the pictures we took below. A compilation video for the day will also be made and posted later today. Here's the thread:

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association Dyno Day at Amazon Racing

Also, if you're interested in joining a group of about 49 Cobra owners (currently; I get e-mails everyday from new members though), just send me your information via e-mail at [email protected]. All I need are the following:

Title, First Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, E-mail Address, SVTPerformance Member Name

If you look around in our forum here on SVTP, you'll see a bunch of our past events. Here's the link to the forum:

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association Forum

Here's just a few of our past events too:
Annapolis Area Cruise
MIR Track Day
First Organizational Meeting
Catoctin Mountain Cruise

And finally, here are some of the awesome videos produced from past events:
Annapolis Area Cruise(RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE AS)
MACA MIR Track Day(RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE AS)
Typical day at the track for a few MACA Members(RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE AS)
Catoctin Cruise Compilation(RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE AS)

Let me know if you're interested man!! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread