Who can Identify this?

Stanglovin

There's no hate with a V8
Established Member
Engine problem - YouTube

It was making a ticking sound prior to that happening, have no Idea what it is.. Possibly a head?

FIXED- Injectors were rusted out, ticking sound is still there, will record and uopdate.

Last edited:

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Holy ***t don't ever let that run like that again. Your lucky it didn't catch fire. If that ticking was a bad plug wire that caused a spark its all over. Fix that injector first. Change the o-rings and take another video when its safe please. And if that valve cover is not tight and you can see into it chances are the gas went directly into the oil.

Last edited:

Stanglovin

Established Member
Holy ***t don't ever let that run like that again. Your lucky it didn't catch fire. If that ticking was a bad plug wire that caused a spark its all over. Fix that injector first. Change the o-rings and take another video when its safe please.

Oh I know I'm not running it at all, I just turned it on to record the video and see if someone could identify the problem

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
you need to fix that fuel leak first. Second get the valve cover on correctly. Then do another video. Where are you located?

Stanglovin

Established Member
you need to fix that fuel leak first. Second get the valve cover on correctly. Then do another video. Where are you located?

That's what I'm trying to do, and valve cover's no good the screw slids right in and out, it feels like it's not threadd at all

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
they are stripped out then. the head is bad. You can re thread them and put larger bolts in maybe but its tedious. Is this the car your selling as a roller?

Stanglovin

Established Member
doubt it. you should fix that injector first. o rings are cheap and easy to do. then do a better video bud.

Yeah that injector was a surprise, ran back to my car midway through the video to turn it off but decided to go back and record a bit more to see what it was. I'm going to see if I can get to the bottom of this tomorrow

howie8124

Established Member
Yeah that's definitely not safe ever... But I'd just rip that engine out and get one out of something else

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Looks like your injector isn't seated properly in the fuel rail or the rubber grommet isn't pressed in straight with the fuel rail....

Bolts clearly are an issue and they covers would need to come off and area needs to be cleaned so you can get an idea of whats actually wrong there...

simple for me to say but If it were mine it be no question to yank that motor and go through it thoroughly.

Go through it maybe have the heads checked , maybe buy a new set...

I may take the long way but i do it right and i never have to go back on it.

I rather pay for piece of mind than walk a rope of hope...

either way good luck

Stanglovin

Established Member
Thank you, had to replace the fuel injectors.. Engine still ticks but not as loud so I'm going to go through the heads tomorrow after work and see what's up.

Users who are viewing this thread