Who Can Email Tune for JLT Highboost and VMP TVS ??

MaxSimoneau

Established Member
Hi I want to know a tuner that can Custom Email Tune my Cobra with the JLT Highboost (With the MAF Sensor in the intake) and a VMP TVS. VMP Tuning can't and I heard Bama can't also.

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
Hi I want to know a tuner that can Custom Email Tune my Cobra with the JLT Highboost (With the MAF Sensor in the intake) and a VMP TVS. VMP Tuning can't and I heard Bama can't also.

We can tune the car but instead of running the MAF in the intake tube we have seen much better results and a much better running car with the MAF in the normal location. So either running the MAF housing at the end of the tube or switching to a ram air intake style cold air. We have not seen any gains from the maf in the intake but instead just cause more problems with MAF readings.

Let us know if you would like to get the tune started. Call 321-206-9369 or fill out a ticket if you have any more questions: http://support.vmpperformance.com

If you are ready here is the product page: http://www.vmpperformance.com/2003-2004-Cobra-Terminator-with-upgraded-super-p/0304cobratune-l3.htm

Thanks!

96gt02

Established Member
Ive heard nothing but good things about the high boost setup even on stock cobras

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
look up wicked motorsports in New Jersey Kevin he tunes with High boost intake no problem, a lot of tuners dont like that intake.

96gt02

Established Member
look up wicked motorsports in new jersey kevin he tunes with high boost intake no problem, a lot of tuners dont like that intake.

ironically this is who i had in mind when i made my last comment, i remember discussing this with kevin, however doesnt do the op any good because hes no where close and kevin doesNT do email tunes or toons as he call them haha. I will say its probably very hard to tune for without having the car in person kinda like GT trying to tune for the lmaf

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
ironically this is who i had in mind when i made my last comment, i remember discussing this with kevin, however doesnt do the op any good because hes no where close and kevin doesNT do email tunes or toons as he call them haha. I will say its probably very hard to tune for without having the car in person kinda like GT trying to tune for the lmaf

If the car owner has the ability to datalog, and with a good wideband, remote custom tuning thru email is not a problem at all....why would this be different?

96gt02

Established Member
Ive tried several different email remote tuners when i had an lmaf on my bullitt, all of them had the same drive-ability issues until i went to kevin , which was in person, and im also sure hes a much better tuner than most

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive heard nothing but good things about the high boost setup even on stock cobras

Hmm interesting. Plenty of people have run the HB intake and switched back to a RAI.

Edit: And obviously you weren't looking in the right places for a quality remote tuner. Tuning a car from data logging is one of the best ways in my opinion. That tuner sees everything the ecu sees. How many parameters are checked and verified during a dyno session? My video in sig is 19 psi remote tune. Car idles like stock and drives like stock, until I hit the go pedal.

Last edited:

Rambro

Established Member
If the car owner has the ability to datalog, and with a good wideband, remote custom tuning thru email is not a problem at all....why would this be different?

The tuner wants to cash in on dyno fees. That's the only thing I can think of.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Hmm interesting. Plenty of people have run the HB intake and switched back to a RAI.

Edit: And obviously you weren't looking in the right places for a quality remote tuner. Tuning a car from data logging is one of the best ways in my opinion. That tuner sees everything the ecu sees. How many parameters are checked and verified during a dyno session? My video in sig is 19 psi remote tune. Car idles like stock and drives like stock, until I hit the go pedal.

+1. Of course you should make a trip down to Texas some time... :D

The tuner wants to cash in on dyno fees. That's the only thing I can think of.

must be. I was scratching my head like "what am I missing here??..." Maybe that guy prefers to put a stethoscope up to the motor before creating the tune.... lol

I'D WIN

Established Member
The RAI is a far superior setup to the high boost setup. Like BDubbs already stated, many have found their way switching back to the RAI for many reasons.

03Steve

Established Member
I don't remote tune either. I have nothing against those that do. It isn't about getting someone to part with extra dyno fees or any additional fees.

Being able to visually inspect the car, listen to the engine, using my OWN widebands (both sides of the engine), are just a few reasons why in person tuning is ideal in the opinion of myself and others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't remote tune either. I have nothing against those that do. It isn't about getting someone to part with extra dyno fees or any additional fees.

Being able to visually inspect the car, listen to the engine, using my OWN widebands (both sides of the engine), are just a few reasons why in person tuning is ideal in the opinion of myself and others.

While I don't disagree with you, we all have our reasons of which way we like to have tuning done. I've done it both ways. I like being a part of the tuning. The involves me data logging important parameters, going out doing a 3rd gear pull, then playing the log back so I can see what the engine is doing. Lastly I send the log over to my tuner. And concerns I have I mention it to him.

I'm sure many people don't data log. I never use to. But I'd hate to drive 1 1/2 hours to get my tuning done. Then go come back home and data log some stuff and find some things I'm not comfortable with and then having to make another trip back.

There are good remote tuners and dyno tuners out there. There are also bad one's of both as well.

Users who are viewing this thread