Who builds Mod motors in our area?

whip

Established Member
I want to buy a short block from JDM, and have someone swap the heads for me before I install it. Is there anyone around the North shore of MA that has a good rep? Within 50 miles or so? What do you think it would cost for me to take a new short block, and my old long block to someone and say "here...put everything on the new short block"

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
ever heard of DEZ RACING..? he is out of seekonk and does strictly stangs. walk in his shop and every car is s/c'ed...lol
he wont BS you at all. if you ask for it, you will get it. he did my solid axle buildup

http://www.dezracing.com/

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
I'll give it a shot.......I mean how hard could it be....I got my hammer and my duct tape and I'm ready to go! :p

J/K

Dave

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
actually..i know a guy who knows his shit....his name is Mark....:bowdown:

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
mod engine builder

Mark, ( mjchip ) He is the man !

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by BADASS03SVT
actually..i know a guy who knows his shit....his name is Mark....:bowdown:

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :) Unfortunately, I don't have the time to make a business out of doing car work. :(

MJ

snakeyes

Established Member
Call here and ask for Ed the owner. He has over 12 years of experience with mustangs. He can drive them too. Last year he had an low 8 second car. He does everything but specializes in mustangs. He has been building mod motors for over 4 years.

Leonards Performance
265 Bay Street
Taunton, Ma
508-977-1950

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I would seriously let a professional engine builder put something together for you. The last thing you want is some self proclaimed mechanic doing the job for you and f*ck it up after you pay big money.

I paid a "local engine builder" to install my gears and he ****ed it up. If he can't setup gears correctly, how the f*ck is he suppose to build an engine?

Mystic1199

Established Member
hey jake, i called Dez yesterday about my car asked him why my belt keeps jumping around ... all he kept saying was he was busy for a while and wouldnt be able to touch it , like he was rushing me off the phone then i like this one "well it could be your bypass valve" why would that have anything to do with the belt ?

it sux around this area cause no one really knows what the hell they are doing .i have my own guy who does my work but other then that no one around really knows much and u get alot of running around ...Good luck with your search

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Mystic1199
hey jake, i called Dez yesterday about my car asked him why my belt keeps jumping around ... all he kept saying was he was busy for a while and wouldnt be able to touch it , like he was rushing me off the phone then i like this one "well it could be your bypass valve" why would that have anything to do with the belt ?

funny...did u tell him it was u? i called 2 days ago and talked for 20 min about suspension setups....lol

whip

Established Member
Thanks for the possible leads. I hear you guys about not trusting people, and everyone around here is F'ud up. Everyone says they are a genious but the work is sh!t. I just had my truck fixed (got rear ended) by a guy who was reffered to me as "the best" and my truck still looks like crap.

snakeyes

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I would seriously let a professional engine builder put something together for you. The last thing you want is some self proclaimed mechanic doing the job for you and f*ck it up after you pay big money.

I paid a "local engine builder" to install my gears and he ****ed it up. If he can't setup gears correctly, how the f*ck is he suppose to build an engine?

The "local engine builder" you are referring to has installed gears in hundreds of cars over the years without issue.

I just spoke to him about your car specifically and he explained that you had excessive noise from your rear end after he intalled the gears. To correct this he inspected it and installed different shims to correct this problem and did not charge you for it.

If this is not the case or if you are having problems still please PM me or give him a call. I was disturbed to hear that you had issues with your car because I was there when your car was worked on and it was a pretty straight forward job. In no way am I trying to flame you I just want to get the story straight.

You have been a major contributor to this site since the beginning and your input is always useful. Sorry if I am making a big issue about this but the person in question is a good friend of mine and I don't want to see his reputation tarnished. He has worked extremely hard to get where he is.

Mystic1199

Established Member
Originally posted by snakeyes
The "local engine builder" you are referring to has installed gears in hundreds of cars over the years without issue.

I just spoke to him about your car specifically and he explained that you had excessive noise from your rear end after he intalled the gears. To correct this he inspected it and installed different shims to correct this problem and did not charge you for it.

If this is not the case or if you are having problems still please PM me or give him a call. I was disturbed to hear that you had issues with your car because I was there when your car was worked on and it was a pretty straight forward job. In no way am I trying to flame you I just want to get the story straight.

You have been a major contributor to this site since the beginning and your input is always useful. Sorry if I am making a big issue about this but the person in question is a good friend of mine and I don't want to see his reputation tarnished. He has worked extremely hard to get where he is.

my question is , if this "person" is a local guy and has worked hard to get where he is .why did he have to go back into his rear end again and put different shims in it ?why wasnt the job done right the first time?i am not bashing anyone on here ,as i think i know who u are referring to , i just dont understand why jobs cant get done right the first time .

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by snakeyes

You have a very long pm.

PS, If you are worried about his rep, check the corral. I see him get assasinated in the New England section all the time.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Mystic1199
my question is , if this "person" is a local guy and has worked hard to get where he is .why did he have to go back into his rear end again and put different shims in it ?why wasnt the job done right the first time?i am not bashing anyone on here ,as i think i know who u are referring to , i just dont understand why jobs cant get done right the first time .

You know exactly who was are talking about. I told you I was going to him 3-4 weeks before I did and you told me your friend's story and I still had him work on my car because my cousin was happy with this persons work.

What you said is exactly right. I had 1700 dollars worth of work done the first time and 300 done the second time. I expect the work to be done professionally ie. right the first time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread