Who are you and what do you do?

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
UNIX systems Architect/Administrator for the National Centers for Environmental Prediction, a division of National Weather Service/National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Another month or so I'll be at Ft. Meade.

--Matt

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
mmars said:
UNIX systems Architect/Administrator for the National Centers for Environmental Prediction, a division of National Weather Service/National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Another month or so I'll be at Ft. Meade.

--Matt

Matt,
I have two full time jobs, one; home economics engineer :nonono: and my real job is a middle school nurse. I take care of 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders, about 1200 students. I am also the mother of 3 school age children and babysitter for one 30 something year old kid with a cobra. :)

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
MYSTIC MAMA said:
Matt,
I have two full time jobs, one; home economics engineer :nonono: and my real job is a middle school nurse. I take care of 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders, about 1200 students. I am also the mother of 3 school age children and babysitter for one 30 something year old kid with a cobra. :)

MYSTIC MAMA :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:to you.
I used to be an Engineer.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Wow... I didn't even think about my second job. Two kids, a dog, a cat. Pretty much full time while Susie finishes her school up.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
technician for a maitenance company that sells and repairs high capacity printers. i go around to various mail shops and repair and install them, basically i'm responsible for most of your junk mail (you can thank me later). been doing that for about 5 years.

TRBO VNM

civil engineer and chief technical officer for a civil engineering/land development company is the full time job, part time working on he bat mobile in the bat cave(per Dwight). other jobs include pissing off the wife as often as possible and taking care of 2 children...(read: dogs)

I am also president of the Cobra Modding Annonymous Foundation, where many people come to get cured from spending too much money on their cobra's to only find out we encourage spending more and more.

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
I am also president of the Cobra Modding Annonymous Foundation, where many people come to get cured from spending too much money on their cobra's to only find out we encourage spending more and more.
How do I join the Club? as I do need serious counseling.

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
civil engineer and chief technical officer for a civil engineering/land development company is the full time job, part time working on he bat mobile in the bat cave(per Dwight). other jobs include pissing off the wife as often as possible and taking care of 2 children...(read: dogs)

as stan would say on south park" YOU BASTARD" ,,, i thought something was fishy, :nonono: , my credit cards were going up :bash: u lied to me said that it would fluctuate the 1st couple of months in our meetings :poke: ,,\

I work for Verizon ,,,, Outside Plant Technician doing fiber optic installation throught the maryland area,,thats right ,,, whos you fiber daddy ???? :rockon:

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I-CAN-STANG said:
Computer Network Engineer for DOD. I support DIA, The Pentagon and Langley, VA!

damn, now that is a sweat ass job. I can only imagine some of the stuff you now and can't tell. damn, that is awesome, I need security clearance.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
damn, now that is a sweat ass job. I can only imagine some of the stuff you now and can't tell. damn, that is awesome, I need security clearance.
If I tell ya, I'd have to kill ya! :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Software Engineer for ARINC, Inc.

If you've ever been on a commercial airline, your plane most likely uses our avionics, datalink systems, etc, etc, etc. We do trains too, just not quite as much.

We do pretty much everything you can think of involving data (billing, weather, flight path/planning, messaging, GPS, etc, etc) or the transfer thereof for the major airlines (and a bunch of smaller ones too). We also have numerous government contracts and work with many government agencies on numerous different projects (not all of which are aeronautical in nature). :beer:

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Im a broke a$$ college student....I am goin to school to be a health and physical educator!! Cant wait...I also wanna coach baseball

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
5.0snake said:
Im a broke a$$ college student....I am goin to school to be a health and physical educator!! Cant wait...I also wanna coach baseball
Nothing wrong with that buddy! :beer:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I'm licensed by the State of Maryland to handle/install Radioactive Cobalt 60 sources used mainly for cancer treatment for human patients and vet clinics. These units are also used to irradiate different products and some use them to calibrate instrumentation, like survey meters. To date, I'm still the youngest of about 20 active installers in the world. Hopefully some of the older guys will retire soon so I can start making the big money and travel some more. Cobalt 60 radiation therapy is rarely used in the states anymore with less then 100 units in the field, but alot of third world country's still rely on this form of treatment mainly due to the lower cost involved. I'm actually just finishing up a unit for a new Vet clinic in Cincinnati Ohio that I will be installing the week of April 11th.

Users who are viewing this thread