Who actually likes their jobs?

What do you think of your job?

• Couldn't find a better place to work at.

Votes: 51 56.7%
  • It pays the bills.

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • I dread going into work.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I'd rather jump in front of a train before going back there.

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobralvr01

Established Member
I constantly hear people who say they absolutely hate their jobs. Personally, I love my job. I'm a Project Manager who oversees new product development at a window and door manufacturing company in Phoenix. A lot of this is because the company's culture is really laid back and the executives really care about their employees. The hierarchy and business politics crap is non-existent and I can truly say there are very few people I dislike at work. Oh, and the CEO of my company just ordered this to be installed in our plant. 'Merica!
What do you do for a job /career and what do you think of it?
Note: This thread is open to venting if you hate it.
17202756_10212504305591980_1005671832047949747_n.jpg

Klay

Established Member
I really enjoy my job and company I work for. Like yours, the culture at my work is great. There is a central focus on improving the lives of our members and the employees.

For reference, I am an MSO 3 Lead at a decent sized Credit Union.

Fry's03SVT

The Demon of Venom
Established Member
I also really enjoy my job. I am an RN with the MN Dept of Health and do inspections of health care facilities for compliance with State and/or Federal regulations. People' happiness in their careers is usually up to them in my experience; either continue to whine and bitch or find something else you enjoy (more). Not too hard. My .02

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm happy. There are too many jobs available to stay at one you don't like. I don't respect people that constantly complain about their jobs but don't have the resolve to do anything about it.

I used to do photographic retouching (Photoshop) before I became self employed. The market crash destroyed the segment of the industry I worked in but I would go back to it in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself. That was the first job I truly loved.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Server at a high end place.

I enjoy it. I enjoy making small talk and interacting with new people constantly. In 2016, I took off two months to travel SE Asia, and still managed to save an impressive amount. I look at it in a weird way. It's like no one would want to be a garbage man making 20K a year, but at some point, 40K?, 75K, 110K?...you would be more than cool with the job. That's me.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I love my job!! I own a plant nursery and am my own boss. I answer to no one and I love it. I've been through my share of jobs and different career paths but I've always had a "rebel without a cause" kind of attitude that has had me leave every job I had at some point. But not anymore. My office is 50 ft from my front door and I have the pleasure of watching my son grow up. As he gets older he can also learn this business with me....total fulfillment!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I love it. Civil Engineer(Design~ Civil, Minor structures and traffic analysis)

I mean some days I don't enjoy going in, but that's mainly due to it being Monday lol.

Enjoy the responsibilities placed on me. Like talking with clients and going out in the field from time to time.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Love my job as a Highway Patrolman (going on 8+ years now).

I guess what I love most is meeting new people. It's not all about tickets or arrests. (For me) It's about that community engagement. Getting people to slow down, be safe, and to care about how they drive is a huge win for me. I love talking about the job, sharing the occasional story, and offering ride alongs for interested candidates.

I accomplish more by asking parents what they would like to see in their neighborhood versus writing another cell phone or speeding ticket. just my 2 cents.

Every interaction is an opportunity to change someones opinion (hopefully for the better) about law enforcement.

Duecestang

Established Member
I have worked for the postal service for 15 years I have a great job i work two minutes from my house in go in at 7:45 and get off most of the time by 3:30 or so I have great benefits and I make good money

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I love my job, Biomed Tech. I get to travel a bit. I know what equipment I have scheduled maintenance on for the entire month. And unless I miss my numbers for the month, my boss does not look over my shoulder.

Sent from Josh's sparkly pocket

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't dread going into work and I make good money, so that's a win for me. I like most of the people that I work with, aside for the occasional lazy SOB. My main gripe is upper management and HR not holding individuals accountable for screwing up. It's like they're afraid of the confrontation so they just make broad changes that punish everyone. They're also starting to pile on more responsibility without compensating us for it. It's not terrible though, yet.

92LX302

Established Member
Love my job as a Highway Patrolman (going on 8+ years now).

I guess what I love most is meeting new people. It's not all about tickets or arrests. (For me) It's about that community engagement. Getting people to slow down, be safe, and to care about how they drive is a huge win for me. I love talking about the job, sharing the occasional story, and offering ride alongs for interested candidates.

I accomplish more by asking parents what they would like to see in their neighborhood versus writing another cell phone or speeding ticket. just my 2 cents.

Every interaction is an opportunity to change someones opinion (hopefully for the better) about law enforcement.
As a Mountie, you summed it up for me. Policing in Canada can be very different from the States, but at the end of the day, it's making a positive change in my community that makes me love my job so much.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Not really sure. I stopped think about it a long time ago. I have not known where my next job will come from for 20 plus years. I just keep answering the phone. And try to avoid customers that will add stress that I don't need. In my next life I am destined for great things.

DropSVT

Established Member
I love my job. 7-4 landscape supply manager and owner of landscape design and construction company. I keep my employees laid back and we watch movies or whatever when theres nothing goin on. I make sure theyre happy so the moral stays up and customer service is excellent due to it.

Sent from my LGMS428 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I used to be a supervisor in Dietary at a hospital, but transferred to cooking at the same hospital because more money and less of my dumb ass boss.
I absolutely hated working there because of him. He never held anyone accountable, didn't know anyone's job after working there for 25+ years, and did nothing all day long.
I've had drinks with him and played golf with him and, outside of work, he's totally cool, but at work he just becomes this stuttering idiot.

I think my cook job now is alright, but I'm looking for something else. I realized that since management is so bad there, it breeds incompetent, lazy employees and all the good workers get screwed over. Plus, their pay scale is fubar'ed up. New employees make more than ones that have been there for 15+ years.

This whole place needs to be gutted.

TL;DR: It pays the bills, but I'm looking elsewhere now.

JimCSHO

Established Member
I ended up hating my prior job - started out good, but then management got so far off track that I hated going in to the office every day. Got to the point that I decided to retire and get out of there. Management still only cares about one thing and people who had no option are not happy. We were actually told by management, more than once, "if you don't like your job, fake it".

Once I retired life was much better. But recruiters were calling me every week. One was very persistent and 6 months after retiring he convinced me to talk with my current employer, "what have you got to lose" he said. Turned out he was right. I like the people I work with and management, from the president on down, are great people. In other words, I ended up going back to work.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I enjoy my job and going to work for the company I work for.
It' stable as it makes A LOT of money per year and it's close to home. (About 15-20 minutes away.)
There are days when I don't want to get out of bed, but I don't mind getting up early and getting out of work early. Especially in the summertime!

Recon

Established Member
I'm an auto tech at my Father's shop. Although I haven't been in the shop for a while. He has me running the office now. It can be very stressful at times but I do enjoy it. It's never dull or boring; we are arguably the busiest independent shop in my area. Pretty much the only shop in my area willing and capable to work on imports. (BMW, Mercedes, VW) Along with proper data to work and properly repair classic cars. Currently have a 62 Corvette Fuelie for road worthy repairs. Fixed a Bentley convertible top malfunction a few weeks ago. Always fun to see the nice cars come in.
10 bays, 5 employees and generally 50+ cars at all times, booked with appointments nearly 3 weeks away. Very blessed. Then again it also depends on your coworkers. We joke and flip each other off all the time. "If you don't have a sense of humor here your going to die." What we always say.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread