Whites Aren't Enlisting Anymore

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
A total of 44,042 new Army recruits were categorized by the service as white in 2018, but that number has fallen consistently each year to a low of 25,070 in 2023, with a 6% dip from 2022 to 2023 being the most significant drop. No other demographic group has seen such a precipitous decline, though there have been ups and downs from year to year.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
People tend to stop going places they are told they are not wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

College male female ratio now roughly 40/60. Studies show women stop going when that ratio is hit.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Its probably statistically safer for black men between the ages of 18-25 to JOIN the Military..... That way they dont get KILLED by their cousins!

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Wokeness needs to be cut from this country like the cancer it is.

I say we wait and let a few hundred thousand minorities die for the country. Send the 1st Diversity Division and let their ranks get decimated.

It is time to allow people to learn very hard and expensive lessons.

Outtie belly-buttons will now be referred to as “belly weenies”.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_7899.jpeg

VegasMichael

Established Member
I recently learned the military pension plan was changed for those putting in 20 or more years. I think it was 2018 or so when they rolled out the new plan for new enlistees. I doubt that had much to do with lower enlistment numbers but may be a tiny factor.

SGT MERC

Established Member
How was it changed?
I recently learned the military pension plan was changed for those putting in 20 or more years. I think it was 2018 or so when they rolled out the new plan for new enlistees. I doubt that had much to do with lower enlistment numbers but may be a tiny factor.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VegasMichael

Established Member
How was it changed?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Instead of the pension plan being a 100% defined benefit plan like it was when I was in, it is now a more hybrid type of plan that is part defined benefit, part defined contribution(the latter being sort of like a 401k. The government contributes a percentage of your salary and you can contribute some as well).

It's actually a good idea in my opinion. Most people don't put in 20 years or more so they leave with nothing for the future. Now you can have at least a small retirement account if you choose to serve less than 20.

This site explains it pretty well.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Instead of the pension plan being a 100% defined benefit plan like it was when I was in, it is now a more hybrid type of plan that is part defined benefit, part defined contribution(the latter being sort of like a 401k. The government contributes a percentage of your salary and you can contribute some as well).

It's actually a good idea in my opinion. Most people don't put in 20 years or more so they leave with nothing for the future. Now you can have at least a small retirement account if you choose to serve less than 20.

This site explains it pretty well.
I think it's insanity of when I was in if you didn't do that long of service you got nothing. About time something changed..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread