Whiteline UCA adjustment

86Fbody

Established Member
Tighten everything down, both bolts, and place on the car. Take your initial measurement and then if needed loosen the jam nut and crank on the longer bolt, this will spin the UCA and either lengthen or shorten it depending on where it is in it's rotation.

mhyjek

Established Member
Car needs to needs to be loaded to take measurements. So the only accurate way would be on a drive on lift take measurement and make adjustments from there? Also I have whiteline double adjustable LCA's so can also change from there as well? Is there a benefit from longer or shorter LCA?
Thanks
Mike

86Fbody

Established Member
Car needs to needs to be loaded to take measurements. So the only accurate way would be on a drive on lift take measurement and make adjustments from there? Also I have whiteline double adjustable LCA's so can also change from there as well? Is there a benefit from longer or shorter LCA?
Thanks
Mike

You are correct that yo get the proper angle you would have to be on a lift, as for the LCA's you can adjust some pinion angle with them but I believe they are more for adjusting thrust angle of the axle. Making them longer or shorter only has it's advantages in adjustment.

mhyjek

Established Member
Thrust angle= rear wheels are at 90 degrees correct or another way the axles are perpendicular to drivetrain? Just wondering if I say you have thrust angle good but you still have inch left in adjustment on both LCA's is better to have longer or shorter control arm length with keeping pinion angle correct in my case poly arms and poly UCA -2 at trans +2 at pinion flange ie zeroed out? I figure Kelly from BMR can chime in?

BMR Tech

Longer wheelbase is almost always better.

Now, in AutoX....a shorter wheelbase can be beneficial.

As for pinion angle....if the angles are the same, when measuring both from the same side of the car - then that is zeroed out.

If you measure -2 on the trans, and move over to the pinion and it moves all the way to +2....you have a 4 degree difference, no bueno!

BMR Tech

As for the WL UCA, some people do not have enough adjustment to get their desired pinion angle.

mhyjek

Established Member
Longer wheelbase is almost always better.

Now, in AutoX....a shorter wheelbase can be beneficial.

As for pinion angle....if the angles are the same, when measuring both from the same side of the car - then that is zeroed out.

If you measure -2 on the trans, and move over to the pinion and it moves all the way to +2....you have a 4 degree difference, no bueno!
Sorry miss typed/spoke -2, -2 as per your video. So if I can keep that angle with lengthening my LCA's I would have better traction at the track correct?

BMR Tech

Maybe. I can't promise it.

Personally, I like the S197 with a 107.25" wheelbase.

Users who are viewing this thread