Whiteline KDT928 MT82 Transmission Bushing Insert Tested. Reviews/Tips & Tricks

S197 in SC

Established Member
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
Ordered and on the way. I think ill just cut the center off before inserting it. Seems to be the best combo. Great thread.

Oh my goodness. Quite honestly, this has given me the best return on investment I've made to my car.

That said, I didn't simply purchase and install. I didn't completely follow suit with the modification. Instead of cutting off the center section or drilling a hole in the center of it. I decided to cut out a square in the middle of the center section. I left approximately 5/8" on both "sides" (where the lip ends) and approximately 17/32" on both ends.

I don't have anything to compare it with, but this is exactly how it should have been from the factory. There is a slight vibration @ around 2800 rpm. Definitely not anything to make headlines with. The slop plus gone. Again, my favorite addition to date.

dc2r

Established Member
Mine has been in for about 3 weeks and don't notice the extra NVH any more.

true. just don't drive another mustang without the bushing because the difference in NVH becomes obvious again... as do the bad shifts in the stock car.

shoracer

Established Member
true. just don't drive another mustang without the bushing because the difference in NVH becomes obvious again... as do the bad shifts in the stock car.
Any Mustang would feel weird compared. 2013 Boss 302 LS with S/C, full Kooks, suspension mods and John Lund tune. Pretty much a new thing added every weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread