White on Spark plug?

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
What does it mean if the strap of your spark plug is white? One of my 8 NGK TR6 plugs was white on the strap when I removed it. Not sure if I should be worried or not :shrug:

If it means I was running lean, it could be from before I was tuned with Jon, and was running the general pulley tune that I got with the Xcal2.

I'll probably have to keep an eye on it.

TRBO VNM

when did you pull the plugs? if it was after cruising or just idling they would look like that. to really check them based on rich/lean when WOT you actually need to make a WOT pull/run and then shut the car down ASAP and then pull them. you can't go WOT and then cruise 5 miles home or whatever.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Last thing done to the car was running to the grocery or something quick, no WOT, got home and pulled off the pullies. I wasn't pulling them just to check if I had a problem, just noticed it and wondered if I should be worried a little. I forgot that it only matters if you pulled them right after WOT.

Fuel is 93 octance, A/F should be at 11.5, but that is a long story in itself :rolling:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Hmmmmmm, interesting. What number was it? Probably worth looking into a little. Hearing more and more about individual fuel injectors with different flow characteristics.

Andrew, you going to be able to make it tomorrow?

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Unforunately, I can't make it tomorrow :(

Not sure the cylinder number but it was the back left + 2 cylinder.

That is:

REAR
*_____*
*_____*
X_____*
*_____*
FRONT

TRBO VNM

if I understand your diagram it is # 2 cylinder.

but yes, as dwight said people have been having issues with injectors as well. however, I have only heard of it with the 60's.

why can't you make it tomorrow?

Last edited:

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
I have last minute business travel all this week so I'm spending some quality time with the girlfriend... She has some other obligations for a bit today so she couldn't come with :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread