Votes: 88 47.1%
  • Nay

Votes: 99 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakinSteed

Established Member
[ame=http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=93352]I wish they would make tires like this - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club[/ame]

Found

IMG_7947.jpg

Last edited:

Latinimagexx

Established Member
I like it. I think it looks good. So does that stuff tend to smear off if you put tire shine? I was just wondering.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I always thought it'd look neat for the rear tires to have white lettering, but ONLY if they were Hoosiers. Otherwise I'm not a fan (old schools as the exception)

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I think it looks awesome on the mach 1 and on this stangs with the hoosier letters. I am curious how well the paint holds up on the tires though.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Held up pretty well, you have to be careful if you wash the car with a pressure washer but they aren't bad at all.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Those Hoosiers definitely rock. In the old days, most G/T, Eagles, etc had raised white lettering. I initially used household Clorox bleach until I could afford commercial whitewall tire cleaner. No need to worry about paint as the standard lettering usually lasted as long as the tire did. I haven't given it much thought in the last decade or so but do like the Hoosier look. Be well and breathe deep.

Ezbok58a

Everybody needs a Blimp!
Established Member
It depends on the car, but so far I haven't really seen a car I don't like them on...

I also like the raised white letter outline as on that Mach 1 above...

And as I saw in Carlisle
IMG_2527.jpg

Last edited:

mustang_00

Established Member
it looks tits on the mach1's just because the wheel design screams muscle car or for the fact when you think mach 1 you think of the original and polyglass comes to mind. imo 05+ stangs pull it off better just because they aimed the "retro" aspect to the body and bullet wheels help too. i have yet to see a new challenger/maro with them. if anyone has pix please post up!! also, can someone do a PS of white letters on the '10 gt500 with the new rim design!?

tdo

Established Member
White letter tires look best on old school cars. The Charger on the first page looks pretty good because it has an old school theme going. But the Neon, not so much.

Old 60's/70's cars look the best with these tires:
mybirdwithplaneupdated.jpg

110-1054_IMG.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread