Whippled 04 vs Steig Port 3 04

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
My roommate had to take his borla stingers off due to a local crack down on loud cars. So thought we would challenge each other to see what car makes it to the speed limit first. ;-)

Anyway here you go short vid. He has some traction problems to start off with and needs a new clutch so he couldn't really shift to hard.

Linky (rick click)

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Good run for the ported blower car, what psi is the Whipple cobra pushing?? 4.30's in a supercharged car... Thats crazy

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Good run for the ported blower car, what psi is the Whipple cobra pushing?? 4.30's in a supercharged car... Thats crazy

Gears are awesome for our cars at this elevation. Before the stock catback he was making 21lbs. Im sure that might have changed to like 19 or so.

He made 630 SAE RWHP about 3 months ago. Guessing he is in the 590s with the stock catback.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Nice runs! I been seeing that allot of stage 3 ported cobras have been hangin with
whipple/KB cobras. Stage 3 port for me please :rockon:

Last edited:

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
stangd1909 said:
3.0 upper and 6#lower is alot more than 21#'s????? I run a 3.25 upper and 4# lower and I am at 20PSI....

We are at 5600 ft+ in elevation. You would make around 16-17 PSI here. My car in bowling green spiked 17lbs and here it will hit 14PSI.

wrstdude

GM to Ford...
Established Member
Ported Eaton held it's own pretty good there. Very impressive indeed. Dyno numbers for the Ported Eaton?

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
wrstdude said:
Ported Eaton held it's own pretty good there. Very impressive indeed. Dyno numbers for the Ported Eaton?

510 rwhp and 515 TQ even with the 4.10s.

Thanks guys for the compliments. It truly is one of the best sounds... Blower whine!

Machinator

Banned
Hmmmm...... I am beginning to think guys who bought twim screw superchargers got what they paid for 2 screws..... one in the butt and one in the back. Ported eatons rock! And for a TON less money!

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
Machinator said:
Hmmmm...... I am beginning to think guys who bought twim screw superchargers got what they paid for 2 screws..... one in the butt and one in the back. Ported eatons rock! And for a TON less money!

lol Im still going with a whipple. He had some traction problems in the race and again on a stock catback.

I used to be a firm follower of KBs but more and more I see whipple is doing a better job.

Im tapped out on the eaton, unless I put nitrous on.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
StreetProvenTQ said:
510 rwhp and 515 TQ even with the 4.10s.

Thanks guys for the compliments. It truly is one of the best sounds... Blower whine!
And there is still more to grow. There have been a few ported Eatons here putting out 515+rwhp without juice. As a matter of fact, there's a local guy here with a ported Eaton making 505rwhp on a Mustang dyno. That's some serious power with the stock (ported) blower without juice.

Users who are viewing this thread