Whipple vs Roush vs VMP supercharger set ups for 2015/2016 Mustangs

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
How long ago did he Get his F150 Whipple? JMEO has one built last summer and its ran perfect since day one.

About 8ish months or so. Got it right about 2 months ago.

I am on a couple F150 pages and forums, and a lot of guys love their whipple set ups. They are loud as hell too, which, I think most of us love to hear the whine. I haven't heard of any problems so far. Where are the issues stemming from in the system?

There where 3 trucks with the same problem that he found. He didn't publicize it on Internet and was patient. A lot more patient than I would have been. In Whipple defense, they compensated him in a way that satisfied him and *eventually* got it right. But I find the time frame unacceptable. That's strictly my opinion.

Troponin

Established Member
About 8ish months or so. Got it right about 2 months ago.

There where 3 trucks with the same problem that he found. He didn't publicize it on Internet and was patient. A lot more patient than I would have been. In Whipple defense, they compensated him in a way that satisfied him and *eventually* got it right. But I find the time frame unacceptable. That's strictly my opinion.

I see. Thanks for the info

Jmeo

Established Member
Just donyouself a favor and call Whipple and ask for Dustin Whipple and ask any question you can ever think of. He is an honest and great guy and you can hear from him directly.

I have had 3 Whipple vehicles.

1. 2005 Mustang GT
2. 2015 Mustang GT (still own)
3. 2015 F150 (still own)

I have never, not once had a single problem with any of them. They run brilliant! Dustin is a great guy and one I completely trust.

He sometimes gets it heated conversations because he stands behind his products and the people who start the bs or don't like his involvement or answers always bitch and complain about him. Not true, he truly is awesome. Don't believe me just call him and find out for yourself.

cmsnake

Established Member
Ill add my .02 cents.

I love my VMP set up on my A6 with an 82mm pulley. I still have factory mufflers on it with a closed box, so no whine at the moment. Total sleeper, but I will be going with a corsa catback shortly. Cant help myself.

Overall the VMP is the better of them all IMO when you factor in value, performance, and reputation. Just a great set up that makes a great DD.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For those interested in the Whipple setup we've got a tax rebate sale being launched next week which will save you guys big $$$$ on one of their kits. Be on the lookout as details will be released on Friday.

[video=youtube;na7_tA2cxuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na7_tA2cxuc[/video]
[video=youtube;iAM9LFhbMZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAM9LFhbMZM[/video]

SpeedZ

Established Member
Being new to the Forced Induction game I had few preconceptions about any companies before I began reading forums and doing some research. After only a little time spent in the Mustang community I have come away with a sour taste in my mouth with regards to Whipple. I've seen Whipple reps criticize and badmouth their competition in numerous forums, several times, and that just rubs me the wrong way. That's a poor way to do business in my opinion, and I don't think I'd ever let Whipple mess with my car. Just my .02

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Being new to the Forced Induction game I had few preconceptions about any companies before I began reading forums and doing some research. After only a little time spent in the Mustang community I have come away with a sour taste in my mouth with regards to Whipple. I've seen Whipple reps criticize and badmouth their competition in numerous forums, several times, and that just rubs me the wrong way. That's a poor way to do business in my opinion, and I don't think I'd ever let Whipple mess with my car. Just my .02

All of the blower manufactures are very passionate about their products. I've witnessed them all battle it out on the forums for 10+ years. That's not something that any one of us have control of. To rule out a manufacturer because of that is obviously your choice but who really cares what they say to each other?

At the end of the day it's the product your buying not their opinions or beliefs.

466roller

Established Member
FWIW, I've installed both a VMP and a Whipple on a '15 GT (both on the same car). The whipple went on a little easier with no modifications to the block and also made more power, but it is a larger displacement blower. I've persoanlly seen the 2.9 make over 850 on a stock motor, with supporting mods(exh, fuel system). That's leaning on it for sure, not sure if the VMP would match that, on the same boost level.

BSB318

Established Member
Just donyouself a favor and call Whipple and ask for Dustin Whipple and ask any question you can ever think of. He is an honest and great guy and you can hear from him directly.

I have had 3 Whipple vehicles.

1. 2005 Mustang GT
2. 2015 Mustang GT (still own)
3. 2015 F150 (still own)

I have never, not once had a single problem with any of them. They run brilliant! Dustin is a great guy and one I completely trust.

He sometimes gets it heated conversations because he stands behind his products and the people who start the bs or don't like his involvement or answers always bitch and complain about him. Not true, he truly is awesome. Don't believe me just call him and find out for yourself.

What kind of power is your f150 making with the whipple ?
Did you ever run it ?

Jmeo

Established Member
Here is he Dyno. Factoring in the drivetrain loss of 20% being a truck with 6" lift and 35" tires I'm at 708 crank HP

Haven't run it but my got is it fast. It will roast the 35's at 60mph on dry pavement, seriously lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456403640.014484.jpg

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
you mean your estimated at 708 hp. your rwhp is 567 according to your dyno run.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
I chose vmp after their results with my roush tvs 11. My brother chose Whipple for his 15 f150. Their customer support (or lack thereof) and taking 6 months to get it running right, plus the way their representative talks to and about other companies on other boards, turned me off. Not worth it considering the vmp setup is right.

Yeah the grinding turns people off but only people who don't know what's really involved. There's really nothing to it and doesn't remove any structural material.

a friend of mine just had the whipple 2.9 put on his 15'pp 6m and had a great experience, quality of the kit is top notch, other than having to wait about a week after the kit was installed till the tune arrived everything went great. the work was done at realspeed in long island NY, they posted info on it on their FB page. the car put down 592whp with the stock TB, my friend then purchased the whipple TB and an updated tune and put down 672whp! that's on the 3.75" pulley, car was at 12lbs of boost and on 93 octane. it is true that torque is lower than other kits as he only saw 485 rear wheel torque but in my opinion that is perfect for a street car on street tires. he still has 3.73's and he installed gt350 replica wheels from mrr with 305/35/19 Michelin pss's out back and that thing was hooking up nicely through 2nd in 45degree weather. also im loving the quality of the intercooler setup. the coolant reservoir is hidden in the drivers side of the front bumper. intercooler itself is visible through the front grill, definitely gets plenty of air, he's been driving the car with the whipple for over a month and temps stay below the mid point.

overall I think the whipple is the best kit for the 15's. it has more potential for power at lower boost than the other kits and you can keep your k brace! The lower torque I believe is the way to go for a fun, more drivable street beast.

oh, and he added an h pipe which deletes the suitcase resonator and holy god that thing is loud as hell now!! gotta love it!!

Heres a quick vid of his car driving off... http://youtu.be/Nl-DA9rmaHs

I can post the dyno sheet if anyones interested.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
Estimated or actual its right there somewhere. 20% drivetrain loss is very accurate especially why you factor in my truck is lifted 6" with 35" tires.

20% drivetrain loss sure is possible on a truck like that, all im saying is you wrote you had 708whp when you meant you had an estimated 708hp at the crank.

Users who are viewing this thread