whipple twin throttle body?

JOHNDIXON

Established Member
Who here is running a twin throttle body whipple and making 17 psi or more? Just got off the phone with whipple, talked to a guy named Art i think, he said he was the owner of the company and was taking tech calls because mike was on vacation. He said that i can't make more than 14-15 psi with the stock throttle body, its just to restrictive to flow that much air. This is my first whipple but i thought that was a complete lie. Whipple owners with twin tb's please chime in with your pulley combo and boost pressure.

64comet

Established Member
I'm running a ported stock throttle body and right around 17lbs. Little less due to the long tubes opening up the exhaust size. Don't know about a completely stock throttle body, but the ported one seems to flow pretty damn good.

02reaper

Established Member
Im at 17 lbs with a bbk 62mm twin throttle body and a 3.0 upper pulley on my whipple 2.3.

JOHNDIXON

Established Member
sorry it took a while for me to get back but i had to get whipple to send me a new 2.3. The original blower they sent me had the wrong screws in it causing a low boost situation. whipple told me it was the stock throttle body restriction and after receiving the new blower it was pretty visible that the screws were different. Now making 17psi with the 4# lower and 3.5 upper. Thanks again for the replies to reassure me.

mach1033

Established Member
sorry it took a while for me to get back but i had to get whipple to send me a new 2.3. The original blower they sent me had the wrong screws in it causing a low boost situation. whipple told me it was the stock throttle body restriction and after receiving the new blower it was pretty visible that the screws were different. Now making 17psi with the 4# lower and 3.5 upper. Thanks again for the replies to reassure me.

good to hear. I have a 100% stock TB with a pully combo of 4lb lower and 3.0 upper with my new combo. I hit 21lbs right through 6400. But I am going to a single blade shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread