Whipple time

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
Whipple time ** update **

Games and questions are over, im tired of trying to score a solid deal on a used blower so im taking the plunge and getting a NEW 2.3 Whipple

Im home right now and I have my list wrote out for when I call LFP to place my order in the hopes that they have everything IN STOCK. Im ready to see what kind of price I get Here is what im getting

2.3 Whipple
60lb injectors
Walbro 255 pumps
4lb lower pulley ( to replace the 6lb I have now )

If all goes well I hope to see this stuff by Friday then install and got to make a appointment with AVT for a new tune. Any last minute advice is appreciated guys

Last edited:

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
With everything you named their, I'd go with Lethal before LFP. Just my .02.
Just dont want to see you get screwed over.

Rook

Established Member
i would go ahead and get the whole fuel system also. lines and all. i dont know if you have a built block or not but i would go ahead and do it. save money in the long run.

DA BOLT

Established Member
If you have a stock block aren't you almost at the limit now with HP. I would spend the money on building up your bottom end and then add the Whipple later , just my opinion.

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
I had tossed around the idea of going built but for now ( long term too ) Im sticking with the stock block. The whipple will put me where I want to be I hope, in the upper 11's and thats going to be a stopping point I feel. I dont get to the strip often and after I go with the whipple Its possible that I never take it again..:shrug: But its a nice upgrade and one Ive been putting off for some time. If I were to plan on going built then it would probally be better to get the fuel system but since I dont, then there really is no need.

Of course you know what you want now may change in the future :rolling: but it will be years down the road for me if it does. :D

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
i would go ahead and get the whole fuel system also. lines and all. i dont know if you have a built block or not but i would go ahead and do it. save money in the long run.

Yeah its nice to upgrade the whole fuel system. But if you dont have the cash to do it, then you dont need to worry about it. All you need is the 60's and the pumps. Besides that, there are plenty of people, including myself with built blocks and whipples, that are making big #'s with just those 2 things.

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
I had all but sold myself on a built block last week........I was as close as almost picking up the phone to get it done. But at the last minute I changed my mind and decided to just go with a better blower and here I am now after getting the short end of the stick TWICE on used blowers, just forking out the money for a new set up.

Im sure the whipple will make me happy and maybe it will hold me out for at least 2 years so I dont even think about going with a built block for a long time. That money is needed in other places .........like my wallet:lol1:

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
mod list looks good.

No need to up the fuel lines and such... I'm way over that power level on stock fuel lines and rails.

The pumps and injectors are the main part.

Actually now that I look, no mention of an upper....
What size are you going with?

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
mod list looks good.

No need to up the fuel lines and such... I'm way over that power level on stock fuel lines and rails.

The pumps and injectors are the main part.

Actually now that I look, no mention of an upper....
What size are you going with?

whatever comes with it shagg, I have read 3.375 but I have also seen post from guys that said theirs came with a 3.50 so :shrug:

SVT Knight

Established Member
i thought bout going whipple on stock bottom. But i just gonna go with a 6lber and ported eaton. Coming from not having any kind of pulley i think ill be happy. Built block next. then whipple. then Bankruptcy

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
i thought bout going whipple on stock bottom. But i just gonna go with a 6lber and ported eaton. Coming from not having any kind of pulley i think ill be happy. Built block next. then whipple. then Bankruptcy

thats what im on now, and its been very nice. But its time to take the next step :rockon:

tribalightning

2 MUCH TRQ
Established Member
Make sure you post up pics of that mutha!!!! Ive had the truck a month and im seriously considering the blower upgrade within the year....don't know why but im leaning to a kenne bell....the whipple 3.4 is a straight BEEEEEEEEAST!!!!!!!

N20JUNKY

Established Member
youll love the whipple 2.3 I know i love mine, Have heard of people going low 10's with one on high boost. I dont see the need to go to the 3.4 until you get a stroker, the new cylinder heads that are coming out (trickflow), ect. but anyways good luck and have fun with it. but dont go too crazy without being built!!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You're going to love the Whipple. Couple pieces of advice:

-Go with Lethal
-Go with a 2# lower. The 4# will give you too much boost on the stock block.
-Enjoy!

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
called Lethal, 3799 to your door is the LOWEST they will go.......I asked twice.

I called LFP, and they demolished that price.........totally KILLED it. I have to go with LFP.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
called Lethal, 3799 to your door is the LOWEST they will go.......I asked twice.

I called LFP, and they demolished that price.........totally KILLED it. I have to go with LFP.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. Unfortunately we don't work for free and aren't comfortable with a $150.00 profit on a $4K kit. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the future and we'll do our best to help you out.

Thanks, Jared

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread