Whipple shelby

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
I just got word that a GT500 at RET with a Whipple 3.4 (18lbs), t/b, intake, exhaust just put down 710RWHP and 650RWTQ SAE corrected!!!! I have not seen the graph but I am told it made 600 RWTQ at 3000RPM I would love to see a KB graph over layed over this graph.

Will post graph and updates as I get them.

Edit: this is on 95 pump/race mix
VIDEO ADDED
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o289/GregRET/?action=view&current=100_4387.flv

Last edited:

bigblockbrute

Banned
11ride4life said:
I just got word that a GT500 at RET with a Whipple 3.4 (18lbs), t/b, intake, exhaust just put down 710RWHP and 650RWTQ SAE corrected!!!! I have not seen the graph but I am told it made 600 RWTQ at 3000RPM I would love to see a KB graph over layed over this graph.

Will post graph and updates as I get them.
KB made 810rwhp with a 2.8L blower at 18psi...hahahaha I've always said KB>Whipple :D

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
bigblockbrute said:
KB made 810rwhp with a 2.8L blower at 18psi...hahahaha I've always said KB>Whipple :D

The whipple numbers are on
95 PUMP/RACE mix

Last edited:

super sonic

Established Member
What is the pump gas limit for boost - and will a 3.4 vs. a 2.8 make a difference in max hp? Assuming you have the internals and fuel supply to support the HP.

Greg@RET

Established Member
super sonic said:
What is the pump gas limit for boost
For 91 octane 17lbs...
This blower wants to be spun hard, 18psi wont cut it.

The numbers were on 91 and cut with 109. After some math it put the octane around 95 octane. :burn:

Last edited:

Subzero

Established Member
bigblockbrute said:

KB made 801RWHP at 23PSI, not 18, and per their website, and it was done on race fuel, not pump gas. Awesome numbers either way though!

Greg@RET

Established Member
super sonic said:
Greg - if the pump gas limit is 17lbs is there any benfit to running the bigger blower?

Only if you plan to spin it. For a street car that wont ever see a track pulley/intake is enough.

SVTBMG

Banned
Looks good Greg. I know you could of tweaked more out of it, but you always make sure it is safe. Blowing up is bad and makes customers mad.

MAD TORQUE!!!!!:rockon:

martz

Established Member
Fit up issues

Can anyone talk to fit up issues? I am assuming this is a direct bolt on as the KB is? Also, does the hood have to be cut? Thanks for the answers.

chuckstang

Established Member
I know a pulley and tune/cai/exhaust will give you between 550-600rwhp but is that safe and dependable power for that stock blower?
(I am not talking about the engine itself, rods, pistons)
Anotherwords, is the blower being over spun or cooked? I am worried about that more than the motor blowing up as 55-600 is within the safe zone for this motor.
Thanks!

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Anotherwords, is the blower being over spun or cooked?

I can't speak about blower heat, but in the 03 cobras, we saw very few blower failures due to being overspun. And the few that did fail could be repaired for ~$500 from what I understand.

chuckstang

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
I can't speak about blower heat, but in the 03 cobras, we saw very few blower failures due to being overspun. And the few that did fail could be repaired for ~$500 from what I understand.
Did any of those cause a failure within the engine itself or was any damage isolated to just the blower.

I had originally thought the new hybrid GT500 roots blower was suppose to be better than the Terms but as far as generating heat, it does not appear to be any better.

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
I don't think that people will have the same problems with heat unless we figure out how to put a lower pulley on the car. When you watch the boost gauge on a pulled Shelby their is no boost taper like you get with the upper/lower pulley combos on the terms, witch leads me to believe that we are not spinning the blower very far out of its efficiency zone.

I don't know for sure this is just my thought on the subject

But we are having a big problem with heat on open track, that is why we put on a Fluidyne H/E last night.
I will post up pics of that when I get a chance but I think it will help a lot with heat, just like it has proven to do on the 03/04's

Last edited:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Did any of those cause a failure within the engine itself or was any damage isolated to just the blower.

I had originally thought the new hybrid GT500 roots blower was suppose to be better than the Terms but as far as generating heat, it does not appear to be any better.

The damage was limited just to the bearings of the blower when they were overspun.

Users who are viewing this thread