WHIPPLE SC FOR THE 03 COBRA!!!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Check out this add? Sound familiar?

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1204

MOST interesting!!! If they start competing with KB heads up this could greatly help drive down the prices, improve customer service, and improve product.

Plus, Whipple is one fantastic maker of screw blowers. They are THE blower to have when you want to make power in NHRA top alcohol classes.

My KB plans just went on hold until I see some side-by-side numbers for the KB vs. Whipple.

What are your thoughts guys?

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
HELL YEAH...This is great news!!!!

I'm just beside myself with joy! If all things were equal, I'd love to buck the trend and have a Whipple instead of the KB. You know, just to be different.

What is so funny is the Whipple obviously has their sights set on the KB. I mean they actually took the KB add off the KB web site, changed it just a little bit, and used it themselves! YEA BABY, good 'ole competition in the market place is GREAT news for the consumer!!!!:beer:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Yea....the extra 70 horse power from the screw blower at the same boost as the Eaton results from two factors:

1. You have to put a lot more hp into spinning the Eaton to give you that 13 psi of boost than you do the KB or Whipple, and

2. The air temp is cooler in the KB or Whipple as compared to the Eaton.

Silver 03 Cobra

maoun, are you sure. The ad says it's the same blower as the Ford GT and I think that is an Eaton twin screw. I don't see the correlation.

The ad ends with: More info to come soon.........
Where have we heard that before. They're just hoping to slow down people jumping to the KB or the Works blower if it comes out.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I don't care if it says "Works", "Whipple", or "Hoover" on the case! We just need another choice out there besides the KB. They've cornered the Cobra market long enough. Like esqeddy stated earlier, this can only make it better for the consumer because now there will be another roots style SC out there to compete with the KB. It's a win-win for Cobra owners... at least it is for us who have yet to upgrade!

U.M.

Fastford

Established Member
THAT IS NOT THE WORKS BLOWER . WORKS is a totaly differnt deal. This will be a compltely new blower for the 03. MORE to come.....

nj7703

Established Member
I think it's great, more choises means better products thru competition. Hopefully prices will drop on the KB soon. I think it's funny they were so excited to get this press release out they called it a "Corbra" engine :-D

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
I think it's funny they were so excited to get this press release out they called it a "Corbra" engine :-D

Good eye!!! ;-) I didn't notice that. Well, we'll see when they are able to come to market with the product. I hope this isn't one of those "in a couple of weeks" things that lasts 6 months.

I'm still excited about the prospects. I will say this much: Whipple has an excellant reputation amoungst the NHRA big boys that used their products. Hopefully, they will bring to bear on this product the same level of quality and service that has helped them acquire that reputation.

We shall soon see.

temjin9876

Bringer of Destruction!
Established Member
70hp @ 13 psi is not that great. Hell, I've seen a 2.93 and a good tune make that. Unless they mean 70 more than it would normally make at 13psi. That would be very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread