Whipple Numbers are in!

Big_Torch

Banned
Now wont sound like much compared to most guys hear, but its more hp than I could have even thought of 4 years ago.

3.2 rr pulley
15psi
538 rwhp 504 rwtq

It was 98 deg in the shop and humid as hell. Running 19* timing on 92 octane.

Was another cobra owner stopping by and told me he had LT headers, and stage 3 cams, and a whipple at 15psi, and he didnt even make more than 1hp than I did. And for those who want to compare variables.

We both had same boost, he run was in 95 deg and mine was in 98. And uncorrected I made 1 more hp!!! (edit) both running same timing also.

Well that wont last long, b/c he has a 20psi pulley coming tommorow, damn dman!

The thing is amazing, get into it all the way and it acts like it wants to take off!

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Sweeet, I'm jealous...
If you don't mind me asking, could you PM me what you paid for the whole deal? I'm still teetering on this instead of nitrous.

Big_Torch

Banned
I got one of the whipples from FORDSVTPARTS, $2,833.

60LB injectors, I got them for 450, I think lfp has em for 400

wiring harness from lfp, 100 i think

Big_Torch

Banned
billyfe390 said:
Not bad for a couple hours of swapping parts huh.

Not to bad at all! Thanks go to Billlfe390 for the install and DYNO DAN THE MAN for the tune.

Now to save up for clutch and the solid!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome power! Gotta love the Whipple and Kenne Bell blowers. How does it feel on the street? :)

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
According to FRPP and others, the 60lb injectors aren't necessary for that kind of boost. Is that wrong? Or were you just being safe?

Big_Torch

Banned
according to whipple you dont need to tune @ 13psi

So you could say I dont believe all they say, and better to have them in now so i can swap pulleys and not worry about not having enough fuel

as far as the street goes, 2nd is amazing, 3rd i feel like the car wants to take off, i love it!!!!

Hye

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
According to FRPP and others, the 60lb injectors aren't necessary for that kind of boost. Is that wrong? Or were you just being safe?

eh, by the time you throw everything on there, give yourself one week and you'll want the smaller pulley, with 60's already installed..your only a pulley swap and a tune away from even bigger numbers.

Congrats Big Torch, welcome to the Whipple Club... :beer:

billyfe390

Banned
FireRed04Vert said:

As long as you have control over the injectors you cannot have too much injector.

Besides that to swap injectors in the future the blower has to come off.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
one of the next things to consider is a lower pulley, will help pull your torque numbers up.

Im at 17lbs on a whipple (all fuel upgrades) pushing 590/570 at the rear and my 2lb lower really jacked the torque up (also im only running 18 timing)

eventually ill move to a 4 lb lower and maybe a 3.0 upper but I want to build the engine up more before doing that.

but yeah good numbers with plenty of room to grow when you want to :)

Hye

Established Member
Hey Buff, whats your current upper/lower setup on your Whipple Right now? Im on 91 octane, im just itching to go with a smaller pulley (either upper or lower) itching soooo badly, just not sure how safe I am. My timing is around 18 degrees, a/f on my tune is high 11's.

Users who are viewing this thread