Whipple joins forces with VMP

q6543

Established Member
It’s been over 3 months and no one has posted a time slip or even made a pass yet.

I don’t know what to make of the silence and lack of information… there’s like 5 kits or more installed on cars running

robvas

Established Member
It’s been over 3 months and no one has posted a time slip or even made a pass yet.

I don’t know what to make of the silence and lack of information… there’s like 5 kits or more installed on cars running

Vmp posted a 9.99 @ 142 the other day

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm a bit confused about this "partnership". Hopefully it will remain positive for both sides and make the consumer the real winner. We'll see, I guess.

q6543

Established Member
I might end up going with their kit actually.
It does look friggn awesome, I’d prefer a centri but that maybe years away unless they can license something to procharger/vortech.

robvas

Established Member
I might end up going with their kit actually.
It does look friggn awesome, I’d prefer a centri but that maybe years away unless they can license something to procharger/vortech.

I figured ProCharger would have been on top of it because they came out with a C8 Corvette kit that included tuning...but I guess not.

trueblue03gt

Established Member
I'm a bit confused about this "partnership". Hopefully it will remain positive for both sides and make the consumer the real winner. We'll see, I guess.
Doubtful. Now they don't have to compete to be better than anybody.
I figured ProCharger would have been on top of it because they came out with a C8 Corvette kit that included tuning...but I guess not.
Its because Procharger hasn't been able to get the tuning "key" from Ford, like Whipple was. Not sure if its a cost thing, or Ford won't let anybody else.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Doubtful. Now they don't have to compete to be better than anybody.

Its because Procharger hasn't been able to get the tuning "key" from Ford, like Whipple was. Not sure if its a cost thing, or Ford won't let anybody else.
Seems like ford and whipple work together on stuff (ie cobra jet program) so makes sense

01yellercobra

Established Member
What I caught from the video is that VMP is going to be the winner. No more having to deal with R&D costs. Just pay Whipple to carve VMP onto a few lids and sell them. It seems like this just makes VMP a middle man.

trueblue03gt

Established Member
What I caught from the video is that VMP is going to be the winner. No more having to deal with R&D costs. Just pay Whipple to carve VMP onto a few lids and sell them. It seems like this just makes VMP a middle man.
VMP is usually the middle man for blowers as far as I understand. The TVS blowers are made by eaton. Although, they do some smaller stuff R and D.

triple-s

Established Member
To me it just made no sense as there is no difference in the kits. Lethal has one ford performance has one and now vmp with the only difference being the logo on the lid. They cost the same the same performance so why choose one over the other.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
To me it just made no sense as there is no difference in the kits. Lethal has one ford performance has one and now vmp with the only difference being the logo on the lid. They cost the same the same performance so why choose one over the other.

eh, probably makes sense for VMP, lethal etc to brand them - hoping people will come to them for the kit and/or all the tuning, supporting mods/upgrades. meanwhile Whipple probably makes a few extra bucks per unit to put their name on it for them.

Users who are viewing this thread