Whipple install HELP !

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
Ok doing the hook up of all the vac lines and such tonight and ran into a issue. On this drawing it has
whipplediagramoflines.jpg

TWO lines ( like on the eaton ) coming from the bypass actuator. On my Whipple the bypass actuator only has ONE place to hook a line, and the elbow does NOT have the fitting for the line either.

I just found this drawing tonight

lightningnoegrnoboostsolvacv2.jpg

and it says without boost solenoid and egr , I HAVE my EGR hooked up ( due to emiss test ) but what about the boost solenoid? We had no intentions of doing away with it. Can that second line in the first drawing just not be hooked up and it be ok? Im lost on this :smt102

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
You have the racer pack that does not have a hole in the inlet tube and the second fitting on the boost actuator. Hook up the vac lines just like the second pic and get rid of your boost bypass solenoid.

I ran my 2.3 that way for a year. It has been running like that on another truck for 8 months and I still run my 3.4 this way.

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
You have the racer pack that does not have a hole in the inlet tube and the second fitting on the boost actuator. Hook up the vac lines just like the second pic and get rid of your boost bypass solenoid.

I ran my 2.3 that way for a year. It has been running like that on another truck for 8 months and I still run my 3.4 this way.

so get rid of the boost bypass solenoid, and that will have no impact on me still having the egr hooked up OR passing emiss test right?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Two separate systems.

You will need to have your tune tweaked for the solenoid being removed, but it will not affect your emissions at all since it is not part of the EGR or EVAP systems.

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
so is there any negatives of removing the solenoid? What about having to dump boost?

Users who are viewing this thread