Whipple Gen 3 adds nearly 100 HP to the Terminator!

SNISTR1

Established Member
^what he said I follow the guy on instagram dante_skcc still impressive numbers on a stock long block. Has me thinking of going the whipple route.

DropSVT

Established Member
There's a guy near me I believe "Dante skcc " or something who made like 820s to the wheel stock block just arp 2000 studs and e85 with the gen 3 setup. I know he was running the crusher on his gen 2 as well but he saw a 100hp gain by just swapping out for gen3

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
There's a guy near me I believe "Dante skcc " or something who made like 820s to the wheel stock block just arp 2000 studs and e85 with the gen 3 setup. I know he was running the crusher on his gen 2 as well but he saw a 100hp gain by just swapping out for gen3

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

That's the same guy. The previous numbers shown are from the std inlet 2.9.. He did put a crusher on the gen2 2.9 but had tuning issues and never got clear numbers.. Then swapped to a gen3 crusher.. Again this comparison is std inlet gen 2 to crusher gen 3

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I gotta say 100rwhp just on greater "efficiency" doesnt seem very believable to me. I just dont see how if its same boost and same timing.

DropSVT

Established Member
That's the same guy. The previous numbers shown are from the std inlet 2.9.. He did put a crusher on the gen2 2.9 but had tuning issues and never got clear numbers.. Then swapped to a gen3 crusher.. Again this comparison is std inlet gen 2 to crusher gen 3

Oh ok awesome i thought he was running the crusher on the gen2 but he doesn't post a bunch about it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm just letting you guys know, that data is full of shit.. The previous number WERE NOT CRUSHER numbers.. They were a std inlet 2.9.. I know the car and the dude, and I have it in text..

The number advertised are 2.9 STD inlet gen 2 TO 2.9 CRUSHER inlet Gen3

Very misleading. Makes me not believe much else in there they have to say.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. Curious to see more power numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
thats a legit question, SoCal. Some of us still like the much maligned 2.3 whipple....still one of the best looking blowers with the loooooong snout that can be mirror polished. One with the gen3 tech would be awesome.

stangfreak

Established Member
Im sure all the whipple blowers will be revised to the gen 3. The gen 2 whipple is actually a 2.4L. Not that it makes a difference in the power.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
This will all be flushed out soon enough.....plenty of 03/04 owners have one of these incoming, so more data

Just good to see products for the terminators still being released

I feel the same way. Lets not bash them too much, its good to see parts still being made..... I hope this pushed VMP to release a competitor to the new 2.9 crusher!

MG0h3

Established Member
Nice find. Standard inlet on that one.

And damn hes only spinning it to 15k RPM at 6500!

Users who are viewing this thread