Whipple/focus pumps???

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Hey guys i want to get some input on this i have searched and seem to get mixed opinions. I have even contacted several respected tuners and vendors on this site and they all give me different answers. So let me see what you think. Whippled, full exhaust, 60lb injectors, sct 2600, 3.00 upper, 4lb lower, [FOCUS PUMPS] So whats the deal are these pumps gonna work for me or am i looking at upgrading? I bought the car like this and it made 634 on laroccas dyno 2 years ago with 55lb injectors and a pro m mass air meter. Dont ask me why but thats what the previous owner put.. So im upgrading to 60's and switching the maf sensor to the 2600. Some people say the focus pumps will not work and max out at 60psi and go into thermal shutdown. Others say they will be just fine. Others say use a bap. Im like wtf already i really dont want to spend crazy money on a new set up. What would you do??

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I am running a bap with aviators with my 3.00 upper / 4# lower. Focus pumps are identical internally to the aviator pumps. This is what you do, run a bap with the wire upgrade, install the bap Pre-FPDM, get an upgraded FPDM and you should be set.
Some might say to run the FGT pumps but I would just run the setup that I mentioned because thats basically what I have and it has been perfectly fine.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
The stage one FPDM from lethal is good to 700RWHP.

I have a BAP with 800 miles on it if you want it. It will be off the car before the 15th of June.

Tom

Last edited:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Some might say to run the FGT pumps but I would just run the setup that I mentioned because thats basically what I have and it has been perfectly fine.

Run the ford GT pumps. :p
I have had them in for awhile now, with no issues. I also have a Modded FPDM. It really comes down to if you want to drop the tank or not.

Travizzle

Working Class Hero
Established Member
GT pumps, stage1 FPDM, PPRV delete and 60# inj. for me with no probs. Got all my stuff from lethal

Users who are viewing this thread