Whipple Dilemma

kawaboy14

Established Member
Ok... so i have recently decided to go whipple but am unsure as to which model. My goals would be to break 700RWHP but not 100% sure as to how much that would end up costing. If you guys on here could let me know how much i am looking to spend with the 3.4l over the 2.3l (just an estimate) I would be much appreciated. My supporting mods are:

JLT RAI
Accufab SB TB/Plenum
MAF.ia
60# inj.
KB BAP
Head Cooling Mod.
OR X-pipe
Magnaflow

About to purchase.
-4# Lower
-Upper ? (not sure yet)
-Whipple (2.3) or (3.4)
-LFP DP H/E
Any guidance would be awesome. Like i said i would like to be over 700 but not to sure what is needed. Thanks!

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
bap alone will not be enough ... you will need new pumps for sure ... some might even reccomend upgrading your fuel lines ... but new pumps will be 100%

the 2.3l will be tough to reach you to 700 without a shot of nitrous ... youd need to run a lot of boost and even longtubes to even think about 700 with a 2.3l .. if you want 700+ then without a doubt you will need a 3.4l imo .. as to which size upper, someone with that combo will guide you with that answer

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
well if that's your goal, then just go with the larger whipple.. It's not going to be easy to get there off the 2.3 unless you throw some spray on top of it..

Just curious, is 700hp even usable? I'd think it would be nearly impossible to lay that power down without blowing the tires off...
Every time i see high HP cobras running on the street they're useless because all they do is spin...

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
well if that's your goal, then just go with the larger whipple.. It's not going to be easy to get there off the 2.3 unless you throw some spray on top of it..

Just curious, is 700hp even usable? I'd think it would be nearly impossible to lay that power down without blowing the tires off...
Every time i see high HP cobras running on the street they're useless because all they do is spin...

yea even my 597rwhp 2.3 is useless til late in 2nd or sometimes til 3rd ... its fun that its there but even 600rwhp is pushin it for the street .. 700 is a lot unless you have some open highways with no po-po's around

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
yea even my 597rwhp 2.3 is useless til late in 2nd or sometimes til 3rd ... its fun that its there but even 600rwhp is pushin it for the street .. 700 is a lot unless you have some open highways with no po-po's around
Exactly - I'd rather work on the Cobras weight / weight distribution, lacking suspension and cooling.. That way you could make the most of the HP you do have. .. But i shouldn't go too much off topic.

OP - to achieve 700HP it's going be really expensive to do it the right way...
Then once you achieve this, you're reliability is going to take a hit - depending on how you get there..

If that was my goal - i'd get there by going with twin 57s. .. That way you could use a boost controller to limit boost down low (for traction) and increase it up high so it's somewhat usable.. - gl

kawaboy14

Established Member
does the whipple come with a plenum? might be a stupid question but all i need is the accufab TB right or the TB/inlet combo?

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
does the whipple come with a plenum? might be a stupid question but all i need is the accufab TB right or the TB/inlet combo?
Yes - it comes with a plentum.. You'll need to decide if you want to go with the stock TB or a Single Blade TB when you order the whipple..

bigbudd006

thank you so much, you just saved me a bunch of dollars. i have an 08 gt500 that makes 537 rwhp and thanks to you i now realize that 700hp for the street is overkill.:burnout::burnout:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
the 2.3l will be tough to reach you to 700 without a shot of nitrous ... youd need to run a lot of boost and even longtubes to even think about 700 with a 2.3l .. Or Run E85! if you want 700+ then without a doubt you will need a 3.4l imo .. as to which size upper, someone with that combo will guide you with that answer
Fixed! :thumbsup:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i was just about to say, it seems like i've read a few 03's with e85 2.3 setups hitting the 700 mark. if looking to stay on pump 93 to hit 700 then i'd say go for the 3.4

Users who are viewing this thread