Whipple decal

Riored95

Established Member
Hey you whipple guys did you have any problems with the stickers on the side of the compressor sliding off? If so what dif you guys use to put them back on? Thanks

black 10th vert

Established Member
They do in fact come off. If u contact whipple they will 99% of the time send u new stickers for free.

^This, and I would recommend sanding the mounting pads on the blower to give the adhesive something to grab onto. Something like 80 grit, then clean them really well with thinner, or brake cleaner to ensure they are really clean. That is about the best you can do.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
^This, and I would recommend sanding the mounting pads on the blower to give the adhesive something to grab onto. Something like 80 grit, then clean them really well with thinner, or brake cleaner to ensure they are really clean. That is about the best you can do.

a very thin amout of gorilla glue worked great for me :beer:

MY DREAM

Established Member
RTV Gasket sealant works best. I put that on the back of the decals that came off 4 years ago and mine are still on.

James

Riored95

Established Member
Ok thanks guys!! I never thought about the RVT. I may clean it up and try a lil bit of that. I shld get ahold of whipple and see if I can get some new one too.

KJ04SVT

Established Member
Your going to think Im crazy but I missed a small portion of JB Welded, since the blower and area gets hot, that hold in high temp areas... I cleaned the blower surface good, placed a small amount on the orignal sticker and poof its holding up after 1 yr or so...

SlowSVT

Established Member
I peeled mine off when new. Added about 20 sq. in. of cooling surface to the case.

The blower speaks for itself and needs no introduction, looks more OEM. Besides it's hard to see with the hood closed.

mach1033

Established Member
Whipple sent me a pair of stickers then I sanded the surface down like the other member did and then added gorilla glue. It stayed on with me for 2 years and then I sold the blower to cbr respol and the stickers held on with him as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread