Whipple 5.4 3V looking for info/tips

rich017

Established Member
I have acquired a whipple kit for my 2007 F-150. Came off an 04 I bought. I can't find any info on this like with the Lightnings so looking for any tips or things to watch out for if anyone else has supercharged their 3V.

Looking to stay around 8#'s as I tow a bass boat and small camper on a regular basis. The truck is not my daily. Just need to figure out how to get a propper tune on the truck and figure out some gauges. Other thing I am worried about is you can no longer get any parts for this kit if something happens. Special upper radiator hose, intercooler, idler pullies, etc. Can;t get.

Engine recently got new OEM cams, ford performance roller followers, OEM phasers, chains, guides, 2V tensioners, Melling high volume high pressure oil pump. Will be installing new 39# injectors and a new fuel pump.

Geneo

I have acquired a whipple kit for my 2007 F-150. Came off an 04 I bought. I can't find any info on this like with the Lightnings so looking for any tips or things to watch out for if anyone else has supercharged their 3V.

Looking to stay around 8#'s as I tow a bass boat and small camper on a regular basis. The truck is not my daily. Just need to figure out how to get a propper tune on the truck and figure out some gauges. Other thing I am worried about is you can no longer get any parts for this kit if something happens. Special upper radiator hose, intercooler, idler pullies, etc. Can;t get.

Engine recently got new OEM cams, ford performance roller followers, OEM phasers, chains, guides, 2V tensioners, Melling high volume high pressure oil pump. Will be installing new 39# injectors and a new fuel pump.
I can help you with any info you need with that as I have the same SC on my 2004 Lariat. Being in Florida you should have no problem getting a tune, try Lund Racing or VMP or call up Whipple and they can give you a 50 state legal tune, but it requires you to send in your ECU.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
id love to put a whipple sc on my 04. do up the bottom end, lock out the phasers, etc.

id want it to be serviceable tho with parts readily available, but it sounds like thats no longer the case in the op

Users who are viewing this thread